+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have an ITA, but forgot to put previous jobs experience.

mendozah

Aug 20, 2019
Hi guys!

I am stoked! I have an ITA, but I realised that I have 0 points for out of Canada experience. I thought that the work history was only my canadian experience and I didn't put my previous work experience which is 2 years of software engineer.

I have in total 4 years of experience as I've been working for 2 years already in Canada, so I have that under my belt and I've been invited under CEC.

My question is:
Should I update my work history on the CIC Page? To my understanding that affects your points (In my case, it should go up a bit) and if your points change, you should decline the invitation. So do I need to update that? If I updated I have to decline? Or the points is only to get you into the ITA and at this point doesn't matter?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi guys!

I am stoked! I have an ITA, but I realised that I have 0 points for out of Canada experience. I thought that the work history was only my canadian experience and I didn't put my previous work experience which is 2 years of software engineer.

I have in total 4 years of experience as I've been working for 2 years already in Canada, so I have that under my belt and I've been invited under CEC.

My question is:
Should I update my work history on the CIC Page? To my understanding that affects your points (In my case, it should go up a bit) and if your points change, you should decline the invitation. So do I need to update that? If I updated I have to decline? Or the points is only to get you into the ITA and at this point doesn't matter?
You can provide your employment experience as part of application. It does not matter since you will be providing more documents than they are asking for

Reactions: mendozah

mendozah

Aug 20, 2019
You can provide your employment experience as part of application. It does not matter since you will be providing more documents than they are asking for
So just to confirm.

I am filling my invitation to apply, and under work history it only has my Canadian experience. There shouldn't be any problems if I add my previous jobs now right?

I didn't fill that in my profile which explains my 0 points of out of Canada experience haha.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Put that in personal history and say you didn't need points towards CRS from that experience.
Simple

mendozah

Aug 20, 2019
Put that in personal history and say you didn't need points towards CRS from that experience.
Simple
I added them to the work history and personal history. I haven't submitted as I still need to fill the travel history which is gonna be a pain as I lived in a border city and crossed to the US almost every week.

Is there a problem if I add both both work history and personal history?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
In work history, you'll need to provide proofs of employment and working hours, might also need pay stubs as are required for obtaining experience points.
In personal history, a simple appointment or relieving letter will be sufficient to prove that you worked in that time. Also you'll fill up the 2 years in 10 year history requirement (which is also covered by stating work in work history, but more proofs might be needed).

mendozah

Aug 20, 2019
In work history, you'll need to provide proofs of employment and working hours, might also need pay stubs as are required for obtaining experience points.
In personal history, a simple appointment or relieving letter will be sufficient to prove that you worked in that time. Also you'll fill up the 2 years in 10 year history requirement (which is also covered by stating work in work history, but more proofs might be needed).
What's a good proof fo employment? Is a letter? The contract works?

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
What's a good proof fo employment? Is a letter? The contract works?
you need to get a reference letter from your employer stating your job duties, your salary, your designation etc.. this is the primary proof of job required by cic. Your appointment letter, promotion letter , pay stubs ( if asked) are all complimentary

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
I added them to the work history and personal history. I haven't submitted as I still need to fill the travel history which is gonna be a pain as I lived in a border city and crossed to the US almost every week.

Is there a problem if I add both both work history and personal history?
As mentioned by @rajapanesar you can move that work history to personal history since you have not claimed any points for that. you can just write an loe stating that you are not claiming points for that and hence moved it to personal history

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
As mentioned by @rajapanesar you can move that work history to personal history since you have not claimed any points for that. you can just write an loe stating that you are not claiming points for that and hence moved it to personal history
Yes, and by moving it to personal history, you don't have to provide proofs for it.

mendozah

Aug 20, 2019
Doesn't that sounds sketchy to an officer? Like "Why is this guy not putting this in the other one, he might be hiding something" kind of way?

And to thing that this spanned from a mistake haha. Jesus I'm an idiot.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Doesn't that sounds sketchy to an officer? Like "Why is this guy not putting this in the other one, he might be hiding something" kind of way?

And to thing that this spanned from a mistake haha. Jesus I'm an idiot.
It's not suspicious at all. People put data in the personal history for stuff they did not claim points for. It could be a part time job, a full time job, a diploma or certificate course or anything else.

Reactions: mendozah