+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a PGWP in Canada and I am stuck in India due to COVID-19 and I need to apply for TRV to travel back

Pooja1122

Jun 30, 2020
Hello everyone,
I visited Canada on my student visa in 2018, which has validity until August 2020. I finished my post graduation in Dec 2019. I applied for my PGWP in Feb 2020 which showed a processing time of 3 months. Then, in march 2020 I had to come India due to family emergency and was supposed to return back in April 2020 since I was expecting my PGWP in May 2020. But due to COVID-19, all international flights got canceled and I received my PGWP in May 2020 at my Canadian address. Now, to return back I need to apply for my TRV from India. While doing the online process in the questionnaire I am facing some issues which are as follows:
1. What do you want to do in Canada?
a. If I am answering Work, the in the following questions, it is asking me whether I have written Job offer. And after selecting "No" to it, it directs me to the final stage to apply for PGWP (Which I already have).
b. If I am choosing Visit, it then asking me the main purpose of my visit, in which there are options like "seeing family and friends", "Tourism", " going for a business", "going for an interview for nominee invitation" and I don't see any relevant options. It directs me to the page of Visitor visa over 6 months in which they are asking for travel history, purpose of travel document. I am returning back to continue my part-time job and to look for my field job.

2. Is it ok to bluff in the questionnaire, when at the end you are submittied Form 5257.
Please help what should I select in the online questionnaire for TRV in this situation.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hello everyone,
I visited Canada on my student visa in 2018, which has validity until August 2020. I finished my post graduation in Dec 2019. I applied for my PGWP in Feb 2020 which showed a processing time of 3 months. Then, in march 2020 I had to come India due to family emergency and was supposed to return back in April 2020 since I was expecting my PGWP in May 2020. But due to COVID-19, all international flights got canceled and I received my PGWP in May 2020 at my Canadian address. Now, to return back I need to apply for my TRV from India. While doing the online process in the questionnaire I am facing some issues which are as follows:
1. What do you want to do in Canada?
a. If I am answering Work, the in the following questions, it is asking me whether I have written Job offer. And after selecting "No" to it, it directs me to the final stage to apply for PGWP (Which I already have).
b. If I am choosing Visit, it then asking me the main purpose of my visit, in which there are options like "seeing family and friends", "Tourism", " going for a business", "going for an interview for nominee invitation" and I don't see any relevant options. It directs me to the page of Visitor visa over 6 months in which they are asking for travel history, purpose of travel document. I am returning back to continue my part-time job and to look for my field job.

2. Is it ok to bluff in the questionnaire, when at the end you are submittied Form 5257.
Please help what should I select in the online questionnaire for TRV in this situation.
What's the expiry date of your visitor visa ?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
First, " If i am not wrong you should be able to travel on your work permit."
You are unfortunately wrong about that. All permits clearly say, 'this is not a travel document' and if you travel outside of the US you need a valid TRV or eTA to return to Canada.
The questionnaire to get you where you want to go (the correct application) is not a legal document.
Say you are returning to Canada to study, as you have a valid study permit, and need a TRV to return to Canada.