+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a hearing date this month

N G

Feb 13, 2021
My hearing date will be at the end of March . I have some concerns about the question which will be asked during hearing. Any advice please? My case is related to domestic violence by my ex ,and I am in Canada with my two children right now.

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
My hearing date will be at the end of March . I have some concerns about the question which will be asked during hearing. Any advice please? My case is related to domestic violence by my ex ,and I am in Canada with my two children right now.
When did you submitted your refugee claim BOC?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will be asked to go through your story. Proof that you have been abused and your life was at risk if you remained in your home country, proof that you tried to seek protection in your home country, proof that you tried to relocate within our home country, etc. Although many women have received asylum based on domestic abuse it can be very difficult to provide enough evidence to satisfy the members. Your lawyer can provide more guidance but I have attached one article.

https://www.fordhamilj.org/iljonline/2019/4/28/canadas-asylum-policy-falls-short-for-victims-of-domestic-violence