+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a decision made, but still no paperwork.

British Matt

Mar 18, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-08-2010
Hello all

It said on the CIC website when I was checking the progress of my application that there was a 'Decision Made'. It also said I would be notified in writing. This was around 4 weeks ago and nothing has come through yet. I know these things take time but does anybody have any experience of this situation and how long it usually takes to get a letter from London?

Cheers

Matt.

British Matt

Mar 18, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-08-2010
Thank you, I've just done that now.

I was wondering if it was normal for an application to have a 'decision made' and then not receive any confirmation of this decision for a few weeks? I'm guessing maybe so...?

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you been checking your email? inbox/junk mail? or your spouses email? you never know. Good luck hope you get good news soon.

British Matt

Mar 18, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-08-2010
I don't check my spouses email. That's a betrayal of trust! ;D

Seriously though, I must get loads of spam every day and MAY have just deleted anything they sent, but I do check it fairly religiously. Also I would think something as important as this they would put in writing and post out. Or is that just me displaying common sense??? :'(

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hahaaaa I didn't say you should check their email! ask them to, you never know with these immigration people. but I read that the email is pretty apparent. Well hope you hear from them soon.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Matt - good to see things are moving along.

Firstly, which decision made is it? Sponsor or PR applicant?

If it's the sponsor, a letter will be sent to sponsor informing of the decision and if accepted, notify of transfer of that file to London. It will probably also state something along the lines of the application being complete which means you sent what you should have in terms of forms and you've signed properley. The evaluation of the content of the PR app will then be dealt with in London.

If the sponsor is already approved and this is the PR decision then you should receive an email or letter to let you know that decision. The email will come from "re-london....." and will have the PR applicant name and file number beginning with a B as the subject.

Good luck.

British Matt

Mar 18, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-08-2010
Hi Whoopi!

I was hoping you would come to my rescue!

It is the PR applicant decision. The sponsor decision has been approved and we had a letter confirming that back in December 2009. I am just concerned as it's been over 4 weeks since the website said 'decision made'. I've not had any email or letter yet and am really keen (obviously!) to know what the decision is. Anyway, I've emailed them yesterday to try and chase it. Its frustrating to say the least. :'(

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Matt - great news on the sponsor.

OK, well it took a few days for me to get an email which is basically passport request - I presume medical received is also noted?... fingers crossed. Of course you'll only receive an email if you gave them an email address on the application. The advice above was good; if it's been more than a week then send a case specific enquiry. Many people will say that you won't get a response but in my experience London were fine and two enquiries I sent were responded to within one week. Make sure you check junk mail for both you and ask the sponsor. Any reply will come from: re-london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca so add this to your safe senders list too.

Rooting for ya!

PS - if you did supply an email address it is more probable than not that you will get an e-mail. I don't think London uses real mail unless they have too.

British Matt

Mar 18, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-08-2010
Thanks Whoopi!

I'll certainly do all what you suggested. Thanks to everyone else for chipping in as well. I'll keep you posted.

British Matt

Mar 18, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-08-2010
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/decision-made-status-anybody-got-the-letter-what-does-it-say-t36022.0.html

It seems I am in the same boat. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if there is a huge backlog in London currently?

I sent a case specific email on March 1st and to date have heard nothing.

Has anybody had any joy faxing or phoning?

mapgirl

Dec 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2009
AOR Received.
02-02-2010
Med's Done....
01-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
My spouse (the principal applicant) received the PPR email from London on February 25 before we saw Decision Made online (March 1). From what I can gather, London does not generally send out a letter.

The email subject was "FILE: B012345678 NAMES: LNAME, FNAME"

I am thinking you may have missed the email. You could try sending an email to the address Whoopi gave above, see if that works. Include your client number if you have it.

British Matt

Mar 18, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-08-2010
Pretty sure I've not missed the email and I've emailed them with a case number on March 1st. Still no reply from them. :mad: