+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a 1-year postgrad certificate program in Canada. I also have a 4-year bachelor's degree from the US. Can I use both for EE/FSW?

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
As per the website:

To get points for having 2 or more credentials, you need an assessment for each one.
To get full points for more than 1 credential, at least 1 of the credentials must be for 3 or more years of study.
The order that you complete your credentials does not affect points.

Does this apply in my scenario where I have a bachelor's degree from the US and can it be used for my EE/FSW application?

If so, it would help me out MASSIVELY when it comes to points. I understand that if so, I would need to get an ECA for my bachelor's degree.

And since my Canadian certificate only gives me 15 points out of 25 while a bachelor's degree equivalent gives 21, I assume I would be getting 21 in that scenario even though my certificate was more recent and requires a bachelor's degree?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"Does this apply in my scenario where I have a bachelor's degree from the US and can it be used for my EE/FSW application?"
If you get an ECA for your US BA, then you would get CRS credit for 2 or more credentials, one of which was at least 3 years (i.e., your BA) when you add your Canadian certificate, which of course doesn't need an ECA.

Reactions: lukeortolani

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
"Does this apply in my scenario where I have a bachelor's degree from the US and can it be used for my EE/FSW application?"
If you get an ECA for your US BA, then you would get CRS credit for 2 or more credentials, one of which was at least 3 years (i.e., your BA) when you add your Canadian certificate, which of course doesn't need an ECA.
What about for FSW? A 4-year undergrad Canadian equivalent is 21 points and I'm assuming my 4-year undergrad in the US would be equivalent to that. However, a one-year postgrad certificate which I am doing is 15 points. So will I get 21 points for that FSW criteria?