+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have 5 years visit visa

Sayed786

Sep 10, 2018
Hi every 1 need ur advice guys i have 5 year visit visa i would like to know if i go in Canada by visit visa. Can i convert my visit visa in work permit or student visa. is their any possible.

regard

Sayed

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, you can visit Canada if you have a visa, though you will have to get through immigration when you land. It is possible to be denied entry if you don't have a good reason for coming, or CBSA suspects that you aren't a real tourist/visitor.

No, you cannot "convert" your visa into a student or work visa. It is possible under some circumstances to apply for a brand new study permit or work permit while you are in Canada, but that has nothing to do with your current visa. It's just like applying from outside Canada - being here gives you no special benefits.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be aware that applying for a work permit usually is a 4-6 month process where the employer must apply for an LMIA and then you would have to apply for a work permit. To get approved for a study permit you have to prove strong ties to your home country and show that you intend to return after you get approved so it is best done from your home country.

Looked at your profile. It will be extremely hard to convince CIC that you are a genuine student from abroad. If you have already entered Canada it will be even more difficult. You should be aware that spouses of international students are not guaranteed a work permit. You should keep your job while applying in case you get denied. A job also proves that you have ties to a country. Your difficulty is that you are not in your home country. Unskilled jobs also don’t allow spouses to get SOWP.

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can visit Canada if you have a visa, though you will have to get through immigration when you land. It is possible to be denied entry if you don't have a good reason for coming, or CBSA suspects that you aren't a real tourist/visitor.

No, you cannot "convert" your visa into a student or work visa. It is possible under some circumstances to apply for a brand new study permit or work permit while you are in Canada, but that has nothing to do with your current visa. It's just like applying from outside Canada - being here gives you no special benefits.
The only way I see for the "convert visa" part is only if he will get a Canadian spouse and then apply for inland sponsorship and at the same time for spousal open work permit (as this is possible to be done from withing Canada).

Student visa is a big no (you have to apply for them from abroad). He can also finish EE application and do landing (but that would not be work or student visa per sais anymore).

And than last option is to claim refuge. Refugees get at certain circumstances work permit. However this is the dead last option for anymore as failed refugee claim can mess up with your life for years.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The only way I see for the "convert visa" part is only if he will get a Canadian spouse and then apply for inland sponsorship and at the same time for spousal open work permit (as this is possible to be done from withing Canada).

Student visa is a big no (you have to apply for them from abroad). He can also finish EE application and do landing (but that would not be work or student visa per sais anymore).

And than last option is to claim refuge. Refugees get at certain circumstances work permit. However this is the dead last option for anymore as failed refugee claim can mess up with your life for years.
Still not a conversion, it's a brand new application. Some people are under the impression that getting a tourist visa somehow helps with getting a work visa, which is absolutely not true.

Also, for the student visa - you can apply from inside Canada, your application is processed in the US. You may have to leave Canada in case they want biometrics and you haven't already given them, or they require an interview for some reason, but if those two things don't happen, you can get a study permit while you're physically in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html

You need to apply as though you’re outside Canada
You can’t apply from inside Canada. Even though you’re physically in Canada, you need to follow the instructions for applying for a study permit from outside Canada. This may mean you’ll need to leave Canada for an interview or to complete other steps of your application.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi every 1 need ur advice guys i have 5 year visit visa i would like to know if i go in Canada by visit visa. Can i convert my visit visa in work permit or student visa. is their any possible.

regard

Sayed
Then people wonder why it is so hard to get a visitors visa for this country