+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got work permit renewed, need to get visa stamp extended????

May 15, 2016
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen, working in Canada on a temporary work permit. I recently got my work permit renewed till next year. But the visa stamping on my passport has expired and as I understand, if now I leave Canada, I will have to apply for visa stamping extension before coming back.

Can I get this done while I am in Canada? If yes what is the process? Please give the link as soon as possible!!!

URGENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Murugan.

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramasamy Murugan said:
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen, working in Canada on a temporary work permit. I recently got my work permit renewed till next year. But the visa stamping on my passport has expired and as I understand, if now I leave Canada, I will have to apply for visa stamping extension before coming back.

Can I get this done while I am in Canada? If yes what is the process? Please give the link as soon as possible!!!

URGENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Murugan.
Yes you can renew your working visa. Dont go out of Canada without visa or else you cannot come back here

Ananda2111

May 14, 2016
As replied by HKG, apply for a TRV online on cic site. I am also from India. I recently got TRV renewed within 15 days. It takes 100$ and may be a medical exam. Please visit cic for details. Its easy.

May 15, 2016
Thanks HKG and Ananda!!

As You replied I will try to apply through TRV, It's asking 3 option which status I should apply for

1.an extension of a temporary resident status
2.an initial or extension of a temporary resident permit
3.a restoration of your status as a visitor.

Please advise me as my visa stamping on my passport has expired.

Nishakat

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016, Doc's submitted: 28-08-2016
AOR Received.
19-04-2016: AOR2 Received: 17-05-2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2016, Passport sent : 10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Received passport with visa stamp and COPR: 14-10-2016
LANDED..........
04-11-2016
how to get PR for international student

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nishakat said:
how to get PR for international student
Have a work experience first here then check it online cic.gc.ca read it and you will see all the requirements that you need to achieve before you apply PR

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
Thanks HKG and Ananda!!

As You replied I will try to apply through TRV, It's asking 3 option which status I should apply for

1.an extension of a temporary resident status
2.an initial or extension of a temporary resident permit
3.a restoration of your status as a visitor.

Please advise me as my visa stamping on my passport has expired.
Hello Ram,

I am on similar boat. Which one did you choose back then?

Looking forward to hear from you.
Cheers!

ankit154

Jan 25, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I also got my work permit extension for one year. I already applied for my PR but after two month, I have to go to India so need to know what is process for Visa stamping.

While check eligibility on CIC, I see one question like should i need to restore my status ? So I want to know should i have to restore my status or without it I can apply for TRV to stamp visa.

Note : I got my work permit extension after 90 days of expiring of previous work permit because i have applied in paper application and it took around 4 months.

Please advice. And provide link to

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

I also got my work permit extension for one year. I already applied for my PR but after two month, I have to go to India so need to know what is process for Visa stamping.

While check eligibility on CIC, I see one question like should i need to restore my status ? So I want to know should i have to restore my status or without it I can apply for TRV to stamp visa.

Note : I got my work permit extension after 90 days of expiring of previous work permit because i have applied in paper application and it took around 4 months.

Please advice. And provide link to
Restoration has nothing to do with it. You need to apply for a new TRV.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

Ramandeep k

Nov 20, 2019
Hi,
I have applied for work permit. When I renewed my study permit in 2018 I also applied for visa extension which is valid till 2021. Mu question is: When I will received my work permit and if I want to visit india, will I need to extend visa again? (As it is showing “student” on visitor visa) then will I need to extend that again to change my status as I am a worker now

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I have applied for work permit. When I renewed my study permit in 2018 I also applied for visa extension which is valid till 2021. Mu question is: When I will received my work permit and if I want to visit india, will I need to extend visa again? (As it is showing “student” on visitor visa) then will I need to extend that again to change my status as I am a worker now
A TRV is a TRV. It doesn't matter if it says student. All that matters is that it is valid.