canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
zakout76 said:
my sister in canada
how to apply?
where to go?
pls help

http://immigrationguides.com/content/view/207/110/

By Ethan Caleb » As a prospective immigrant to Canada, you probably know that you can follow the progress of your application through your CAIPS notes, which several companies can obtain for you for a fee. It's however less well known that you can save the fee, usually ranging from US$30-100, by ordering the notes yourself.

CAIPS, for the uninitiated, stands for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System, the software used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Canadian diplomatic missions to track visa applications.

To obtain your CAIPS notes, you do need to know someone living in Canada, either a citizen or a permanent resident, who will be willing to mail the request for you. If you already in Canada, you can however send in the application yourself.

A Canadian citizen living abroad can also send in the application on your behalf, but there is a C$5 fee in this situation.

(Note: An In-Canada applicant can also obtain their FOSS notes using the same procedure as detailed here).

First off, you need to download the application form. You will find this at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

The form is pretty straightforward, with explanations on what needs to be provided. You will need to fill in your file number (usually starts with a “B”, “V”, “E” or an “S”), the embassy where you applied (e.g. Buffalo or New Delhi), and the address in Canada.

If you do not know your file number, you can indicate this in the form, though there may be a delay in you getting your CAIPS notes.

You need to provide a Consent Letter, authorizing release of the information to the person applying on your behalf, who will also have to write a Formal Request letter asking for the CAIPS notes. A copy of that person's passport or other document proving legal residency in Canada also needs to be attached.

All the papers then need to be mailed to this address:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Alternately, you can fax all the papers to CIC at 1-613-957-6517, though some applicants say there have been delays when using this method.

Standard processing time is under a month. However if there is a long delay in getting a response, you can call the CIC at 1-613-957-6512 for a follow-up.

Related: CAIPS abbreviations decoded

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
u mean
i print the forms then fill it right?
and send it to my sister with authorty letter
thats set pls advice
pls advice
thanks
zakout

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Form + You need to provide a Consent Letter, authorizing release of the information to the person applying on your behalf, who will also have to write a Formal Request letter asking for the CAIPS notes. A copy of that person's passport or other document proving legal residency in Canada also needs to be attached.

I think you could scan it & send it by e-mail to your family/friend to speed up the process. Your family/friend hopefully can get it in approx 40 days & can send you back.

good luck.

CANKWT

Oct 26, 2010
zakout76 in the first place you need to improve your English, your posts are a clear indication. Try and join some institute in Kuwait which will help you to improve your written and spoken english. There is one good institute that teaches english and its situated at SHAAB. the reply from the Canadian Immigration London is a clear indication that in response to your query, your case is under process. Sorry I doubt you can take IELTS again at this stage, you should have submitted it with your application.

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
thanks dear

i,m afraid for that, as i already send ielts result already
but answer from london said/Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer

this mean in process?

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
Dear zakout76

Take my advice start English from beginning in any english language center in your area, within two to three months you will be on good level.

Dont worry about visa officers they are not dealing your file only they have lot of work to do, if you take ielts ten times without any honest study you will get same score as per my experience.

Arrange money from anywhere frinds family and do it as i said, i am sure you will do it. As of today immigration become more difficult because of Ielts they need score at least 6.5 band in four section.

you need hard work to get this band i am facing same problem i have 78 points but still difficulties in getting immigration.

good luck

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
thanks drooza,
what is u broblem?

but if the status come in process any time like next month then for nothing to take ielts again

for u file when u send full documet and when the status change to inprocess?
thanks

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zakout76 said:
thanks drooza,
what is u broblem?

but if the status come in process any time like next month then for nothing to take ielts again

for u file when u send full documet and when the status change to inprocess?
thanks
Hi
Drooza is giving you a constructive advise and not for you to attack.
Sometimes,it is very difficult to really understand what you are trying to say.
Make it simple and try improve your english if you really what to make any progress in Canada.
Good Luck
Benny

himanshu2277

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Boston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
IELTS Request
sent - Done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Namaste...!
Passport Req..
Namaste...!
VISA ISSUED...
Ohh GOD...!
LANDED..........
Namaste...!
zakout76 said:
my sister in canada
how to apply?
where to go?
pls help
which visa? family or Skilled?
if family based then ask your sister for sponsor you, if your age is not >21years and you are unmarried.
for FSW read more in this forum.
Himanshu2277

mmiq

Oct 29, 2010
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
0111 F/Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/12
LANDED..........
FEB,2013
hi You can apply directly at www.lawpoint.ca/ for 25/- USD
its costly as compare to 5$ but very simple only you need a credit card to pay the fee that it .no need to find any relative in canada or their help

zakout76 said:
lose moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
no moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy))))))))))))))))))))))))

i dont the amount to enroll for ielts ))))))))))))
bad soutation

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Zakout
No need to retake the IELTS ,simply improve your english just in case they call you for interview,if the VO notice that you have trouble speaking english and /or French,that could spell troubles.As for the case of the status being in "process" that is very common. That is the VO way to shield themselves from many enquiries until they are ready to deal with you. If they need you to retake the exam they will let you know in due course.
It happened to me,my case was in process for nearly 2 years ,then one day they wrote to me asking me to take the French exam(Test d'Evaluation de Français).Being originally french speaking, at the Initial application I only submitted IELTS score 7.5.
When they asked for it, I took the French Test and sent the results,the case is still in process
So I would say save your money and wait until they come back to you.

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
thanks ario

my question/ they will not refuse my case directly ? without asking for any thing?
i apply aftr 27nov08
pls advice
thanks
zakout

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Zakout
How did you fare on the other factors ? By using the evaluation tool on the web site you can see approximately how many points you make.
The CIC advise that there are things you could be doing while your file is in process:
1)You can learn more about Canada
2)you can improve your qualifications (including language, i assume )

You can do that just to survive the interview if you are called.CIC will give you an opportunity to put your point across.

Good luck