+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got request of CV/Resume after settlement of Judicial Review, this means security screening?

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
Applied for second bachelor's degree in Computer Science, went through Judicial Review and now IRCC asks for:

CV/Resume: A document containing a detailed description of your education, qualifications and experience, including your personal history (academic/professional) covering the period from your 18th birthday to date. You must include the names of your educational institutions and employers as well as your field(s) of study and occupation(s).

Does it mean that they'll do security screening/background check on me? I have no sensitive background, not sure if working in the financial industry is sensitive or not, and I received my first bachelor's degree in the US and hold no higher post-secondary degrees from PRC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Applied for second bachelor's degree in Computer Science, went through Judicial Review and now IRCC asks for:

CV/Resume: A document containing a detailed description of your education, qualifications and experience, including your personal history (academic/professional) covering the period from your 18th birthday to date. You must include the names of your educational institutions and employers as well as your field(s) of study and occupation(s).

Does it mean that they'll do security screening/background check on me? I have no sensitive background, not sure if working in the financial industry is sensitive or not, and I received my first bachelor's degree in the US and hold no higher post-secondary degrees from PRC.
IMO this has nothing to do with a screening / background check. They are reassessing your application and have requested your CV to support that activity.

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
IMO this has nothing to do with a screening / background check. They are reassessing your application and have requested your CV to support that activity.
After Judicial Review, they probably have checked in details of my application and asked me to respond to 2 additional questions from them regarding my previous study plan in the client info document in addition to requesting my detailed CV, and I've seen many Chinese students in Security Screening after receiving this request, and some on this platform as well....I already deferred my admissions once, can't do it anymore.....kinda anxious now. but thanks for your reply!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
After Judicial Review, they probably have checked in details of my application and asked me to respond to 2 additional questions from them regarding my previous study plan in the client info document in addition to requesting my detailed CV, and I've seen many Chinese students in Security Screening after receiving this request, and some on this platform as well....I already deferred my admissions once, can't do it anymore.....kinda anxious now. but thanks for your reply!
It's possible it could be related to security screening. Keep in mind that the outcome of a judicial review is that your application is assessed by a different officer. This doesn't guarantee approval of course. So this may just be additional information the new officer has requested as part of their assessment. Good luck and hope you hear positive news soon.

kpomeranz

Nov 3, 2021
It's possible it could be related to security screening. Keep in mind that the outcome of a judicial review is that your application is assessed by a different officer. This doesn't guarantee approval of course. So this may just be additional information the new officer has requested as part of their assessment. Good luck and hope you hear positive news soon.
thank you scylla! I really appreciate it!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What Was the outcome of the JR?