+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got rejected by Carleton U for MS in CS with 75% Average where should I apply?

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I need Urgent Help please!!

I applied to UOIT MS in CS but after paying the application fee and submitting my application, I realized that they don't allow electronic upload of supporting documents. They mentioned "All supporting documents 'Must' be mailed to their address before deadline"

Their deadline is on Feb 1st... How do I address the following?
1. Official transcripts sealed and mailed from my university : I have just applied and it may take longer than February 1st 2016 before the university send them. Will that affect my application or disqualify me?

2. Letters of Recommendation form - the people that will recommend me are busy professors and it may take them longer than Feb 1st to fill the form and submit it by e-mail. will that also disqualify me or affect my application?

3. Degree Parchments - Does that mean my BSc certificate? If yes, then it is not available yet, until mid or end of February. Will that also affect me?

Note; I have emailed the graduate admission office... But before their reply what do you think in general?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
inuwa2 said:
What happened after you started working full time in Canada?? :eek:
1. Canada will keep you in the middle class. On a regular profession, you start with 50K-70K and end up with 120K-150K after 25 years. The more you make the more you pay taxes as well. Buy a house, have 2 cars - that's it. Everyone does it (some do it within few years, for others it may take several). Unless you are a Doctor or a Lawyer or a successful Entrepreneur or made Facebook/Youtube etc.

2. Weather sucks more every year :eek:

3. Compared to neighbor country, higher tax on everything.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
inuwa2 said:
Guys I need Urgent Help please!!

I applied to UOIT MS in CS but after paying the application fee and submitting my application, I realized that they don't allow electronic upload of supporting documents. They mentioned "All supporting documents 'Must' be mailed to their address before deadline"

Their deadline is on Feb 1st... How do I address the following?
1. Official transcripts sealed and mailed from my university : I have just applied and it may take longer than February 1st 2016 before the university send them. Will that affect my application or disqualify me?

2. Letters of Recommendation form - the people that will recommend me are busy professors and it may take them longer than Feb 1st to fill the form and submit it by e-mail. will that also disqualify me or affect my application?

3. Degree Parchments - Does that mean my BSc certificate? If yes, then it is not available yet, until mid or end of February. Will that also affect me?

Note; I have emailed the graduate admission office... But before their reply what do you think in general?
They wont discard, but the chances of getting the admit will get slimmer each day that goes by.

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
1. Canada will keep you in the middle class. On a regular profession, you start with 50K-70K and end up with 120K-150K after 25 years. The more you make the more you pay taxes as well. Buy a house, have 2 cars - that's it. Everyone does it (some do it within few years, for others it may take several). Unless you are a Doctor or a Lawyer or a successful Entrepreneur or made Facebook/Youtube etc.
You mean after graduation most jobs pay 50 - 70K for level entry? Or you mean it's lower in Canada or higher in other places?

I hate bad weather... Which area do you live ? I think it will be better if one owns a car, wouldn't it?

Tax higher than US or UK? Wow that's ridiculous

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kool.keith said:
They wont discard, but the chances of getting the admit will get slimmer each day that goes by.
Thank you Keith... They already replied my e-mail. They stated that nothing would happen to my application, they will allow me few weeks to prepare the documents.
So thanks!! :D

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
Rossei said:

Gee, don't you sound grateful.

dnp99

Mar 3, 2017
i also got rejected for cs :(
B.tech in Information technology with 78% and ielts 6.5(lrws each 6.5) national level project plus decent sop and lor.
I am thinking to apply in western university as its deadline for cs is march 31.

Neeleshweb

May 23, 2019
My Btech percentage was 73, IELTS score: 7.5, 3 LOR's, 14 month work experience in TCS, still got rejected by Carleton university, dont know why. What other safer options do i have? Please suggest. I had already applied in following:
University of Manitoba(Decision Pending)
University of waterloo(Decision Pending)
Concordia university(Decision Pending)
University of Calgary(Decision Pending)
University of Ottawa(Decision Pending)
University of Guelph(Decision Pending)
Windsor university(Decision Pending)
Dalhousie University(Decision Pending)
Simon Fraser University(Decision Pending)
Carleton University(Declined admission)
These universities have not declared their decison yet, but are there any other options just in worst case i get rejection from all of these..lol.

Vinoth95

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Hello,

Can you please tell me which universities have you got admits from since I am also having a very similar profile to yours and planning to apply to Canadian universities. Thanks.