+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got passport request on Feb 22 and didn't see it! Need urgent advice!

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

To explain a situation: I'm a primary applicant and my husband is not accompanying me. But somehow passport request email came to his email which he very rarely checks. So I didn't receive any email on my personal email and didn't receive any notification on MyCIC which I check frequently. What do I do now?? I'm freaking out right now. Is there a chance they will re-send me a request? Of course, I will submit a case-specific inquiry but do you think it's worth to go tomorrow to VFS with documents?

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
av.citizen said:
Hi guys,

To explain a situation: I'm a primary applicant and my husband is not accompanying me. But somehow passport request email came to his email which he very rarely checks. So I didn't receive any email on my personal email and didn't receive any notification on MyCIC which I check frequently. What do I do now?? I'm freaking out right now. Is there a chance they will re-send me a request? Of course, I will submit a case-specific inquiry but do you think it's worth to go tomorrow to VFS with documents?
If your medicals have not yet expired, I believe you'd be right to submit your passport @ the vfs,
just don't forget to write a letter of explanation. Good luck

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
av.citizen said:
Hi guys,

I am sorry I cannot provide any help or insight about this but I can testify this is an issue. My CIC account, which I used to apply for EE, is registered under my personal e-mail but somehow they have my University e-mail address in file, maybe from an off-campus work permit or a study permit extension application. All the communication was through my personal e-mail except for the PPR e-mail which was sent to my University address.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muxican, Kitua85,

Thanks very much for your input (+1 to you). I was able to reach a call center and they advised me to submit my passport along with an explanation letter. (Ohhhh I'm gonna kill my husband for not checking his email regularly!!)

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
av.citizen said:
muxican, Kitua85,

Thanks very much for your input (+1 to you). I was able to reach a call center and they advised me to submit my passport along with an explanation letter. (Ohhhh I'm gonna kill my husband for not checking his email regularly!!)

lol.... maybe your husband didn't want you to leave him alone and go canada....just kidding.

just submit your passport as advised by the agent, you will be fine