+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got Passport request and my Passport expiring in less than 6 months

VijiGanesan

Mar 3, 2020
Hi
could someone help me with this.
I got passport request from IRCC but my passport is expiring in 5 months, and my son's is expiring in 6 months. The email states that the passport should have atleast 6 months validity.
I am renewing my passport before submitting to VFS. Will this create any complications? Also, should I inform IRCC about this situation by creating a webform?

Someone please let me know.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi
could someone help me with this.
I got passport request from IRCC but my passport is expiring in 5 months, and my son's is expiring in 6 months. The email states that the passport should have atleast 6 months validity.
I am renewing my passport before submitting to VFS. Will this create any complications? Also, should I inform IRCC about this situation by creating a webform?

Someone please let me know.
It will obviously delay with getting your PP stamped and yes, you should submit a web form explaining you have applied for new PP's. You probably realize it now but you should have renewed your PP as soon as you were able to.

VijiGanesan

Mar 3, 2020
Hi
Thanks for the reply. Thats right. I should have done it earlier.
I will get our reissued passport in a week and will be able to provide at the vfs within the 30 days given time.
I will submit a webform before visiting the vfs and after getting our reissued passport.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi
Thanks for the reply. Thats right. I should have done it earlier.
I will get our reissued passport in a week and will be able to provide at the vfs within the 30 days given time.
I will submit a webform before visiting the vfs and after getting our reissued passport.
That should work and will keep the delay to a minimum.