+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my student visa approved in the first stage

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
I applied to my student visa on April 27 in Brazil, and today I received my approval in principal. I didn't submit the biometrics either the medical exams. I'm applying for a Masters at York University for Fall 2020.

So, it looks like they are finally processing their huge backlog of applicants.

Be safe, and everything will work out for you too!

Neil johnson

Aug 5, 2020
Felicitations! Kindly share your complete profile as well as IELTS score with us to predict the trend of study permit approvals.
Thanks and good luck for your future.

Reactions: jaimedantas

gustavoqa

Aug 5, 2020
Hi Jaime! Congrats on the approval!

Please let me ask you, did you receive an email with the approval in principal or did you see a update on your GIC account?

Last week I had a ghost update with no email, so did some other brazilians, and I hope to get a response this week too.

I'm also from Brazil and I applied in January and already have biometrics completed and Medical passed. Still waiting for the final result.

Reactions: jaimedantas

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi Jaime! Congrats on the approval!

Please let me ask you, did you receive an email with the approval in principal or did you see a update on your GIC account?

Last week I had a ghost update with no email, so did some other brazilians, and I hope to get a response this week too.

I'm also from Brazil and I applied in January and already have biometrics completed and Medical passed. Still waiting for the final result.
I did receive an email saying I had an update on my account. After checking it out, I saw a PDF document stating I have passed the first stage.

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Felicitations! Kindly share your complete profile as well as IELTS score with us to predict the trend of study permit approvals.
Thanks and good luck for your future.
My profile is quite similar to the other applicants who are still waiting for their approval.

Here is my timeline:
Out/2019: IELTS done W7.5 L7.5 R8.0 S7.0
March 10, 2020: LOA
April 27, 2020: applied for visa (online and inside Brazil)
April 28, 2020: received biometrics form
July 29, 2020: received medical form
August 5, 2020: received approval in principle

I'm going to do my medical exams this week.

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
My profile is quite similar to the other applicants who are still waiting for their approval.

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations, Do you have any idea when your review of eligibility started?

okjaber

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020

Here is my timeline:

When I applied to the permit I didn’t see any form to fill out my ielts score as far as I remember. There was only a question if I took an exam for English and I ticked yes.

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
When I applied to the permit I didn’t see any form to fill out my ielts score as far as I remember. There was only a question if I took an exam for English and I ticked yes.
IETLS is required only for those who apply under the SDS category.