+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my PR visa Today.and want to land here and get married outside canada

legendrock

Sep 6, 2013
Hi,

I receive my Canadian PR Visa Today,

What If I first make landing by nearest usa canada port of entry.
and after few days i go to india. (without getting PR card) i.e on travel document because i want to attain my sister marriage and also want to get married to my girlfriend. so i can sponsor her when i come back to canada
and i also want to stay 3 month in india..

The question is:

Should I have to inform CIC about my marriage now?

and can i stay for 3 month on travel document..?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to inform CIC about a marriage that didn't happen yet and you can not apply for a travel document beforehand before you go.

You need to apply for a travel document at the Canadian embassy in India when you want to go back. Because travel documents tend to be valid for 6 months and because they can take a few weeks of processing, you can apply for in India well before you want to go home to make sure you will have it already at that time.

legendrock

Sep 6, 2013
Thanks for your reply leon,

NOW i am clear with my second question,
but sry for my 1st question was wrong i was trying to say that, as i am going to land next week by the nearest
Usa canada border
After crossing border i cant wait for PR Card and i am going to india and get married when i will come back. i.e (on travel document)
should i have to inform cic about my marriage because i have already landed before.
And after that landing i went to india and got married.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legendrock said:
Thanks for your reply leon,

NOW i am clear with my second question,
but sry for my 1st question was wrong i was trying to say that, as i am going to land next week by the nearest
Usa canada border
After crossing border i cant wait for PR Card and i am going to india and get married when i will come back. i.e (on travel document)
should i have to inform cic about my marriage because i have already landed before.
And after that landing i went to india and got married.
After you have landed, you don't really have to inform CIC about anything as long as you fill out all forms truthfully. If you apply for your travel document after you get married, you list your status as married and they will see that and when you sponsor your spouse, you will of course show that you got married to her after you landed.

legendrock

Sep 6, 2013
Leon said:
After you have landed, you don't really have to inform CIC about anything as long as you fill out all forms truthfully. If you apply for your travel document after you get married, you list your status as married and they will see that and when you sponsor your spouse, you will of course show that you got married to her after you landed.
So what if i go to india and first apply for travel document and then i get married. so i don't have to info in travel document and also don't have to update to cic rite.

i am asking this because someone told me that if i will update cic about marriage they will hold my pr till i finish my wife application and if my wife application reject for any reason they will also reject mine and if she get approved we will get our pr together.

Thanks leon for giving your Time & Knowledge to help us.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legendrock said:
i am asking this because someone told me that if i will update cic about marriage they will hold my pr till i finish my wife application and if my wife application reject for any reason they will also reject mine and if she get approved we will get our pr together.
This only apply if you get married before landing. You are getting married after landing so you will already be a PR. Immigration can not reject you when you have already landed.