+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my IELTS results today

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my IELTS result today. It took about 2weeks and a few days to receive in the mail and I wrote it on the 12th of February. My results are as follows: Listening 8.5, reading 9, writing 8.5, speaking 9.0. With an overall band score of 9. I'll be more than happy to share my methods of preparation with anyone that requires it.

cheers!

tigerwood

Dec 25, 2010
WOW

YOU ARE SOOO GOOD
i have a question dude plz

how much time takes PREPARATION for IELTS general test if i assume that my English is intermediate and can you give some tips and advices about that plz

my email is : m-m-s1@hotmail.com

thank you and best Regards

Mohannad Alsibai

ieltschand

Mar 1, 2011
MrB said:
I got my IELTS result today. It took about 2weeks and a few days to receive in the mail and I wrote it on the 12th of February. My results are as follows: Listening 8.5, reading 9, writing 8.5, speaking 9.0. With an overall band score of 9. I'll be more than happy to share my methods of preparation with anyone that requires it.

cheers!
Hi

Please can you provide me the books either hard or soft copy as i am preparing for IELTS.
please send me the details on tagccgulf@gmail.com

thanks in advance
regards
chanda

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
MrB
Congrats on your success. Pls give tips of success. Will appreciate it. thks.

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
MrB said:

cheers!
Please give me the tips , how you got 9 in reading and 8.5 in writing ? Please email me with your work
ishfaq2003@yahoo.com
Thanks

pocahontas

Feb 2, 2011
wow that is great! pls share some pointers! thanks so much!

MrB said:

cheers!

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People,

I apologize for the delayed response. I've been caught up with work these past few days. The first advice I'll give people who are looking to take the IELTS general test is the exam is actually not as difficult as people say it is. For non English speakers, I advise that you give yourself a minimum of 3months to prepare. The reason being, a considerable amount of time has to be invested in preparation for a high score. I recommend a minimum of 2hrs a day and more focus on the writing and reading. The listening is all about concentration and discipline. Watch a lot of english movies, write one page essays on subject matters that affect you and have people to review them for you. I used the KAPLAN practice question from last year to practice, very good practice book. I also tried to create an exam environment while I was studying. A quiet environment is recommended. Practice really just helps and not over thinking the exam it's really not as difficult. Please feel free to ask more specific questions. Oh I also do not have any of my work, we weren't allowed to take any material out of the exam.

tigerwood

Dec 25, 2010
thank you for your response , and i want to be your friend if you dont mind cz my family told me to keep walking and talking with succes people maby one day willbe one of them looool , i realy want to be your friend thx

magzz

Jun 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ MrB

waht abt the speaking part...is english your first language...if not then how did u managed to get 9.0 in it....Speaking is the one i am most concerned about

Kaushik Roy

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Calcutta
Category........
Visa Office......
Calcutta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
IELTS Request
31-12-2010 || Overall 8.0
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon....
my god!! whats bands u got Mr.B !!

i got an overall of 8.0 and i found that except all of them being mostly proportional to the amount of regular unrelenting practice you do, one needs to be a good conversationalist to get 9 in speaking. not somehting that comes sheerly out of practice i'm afraid. not to lose heart guys.. and 8 in speaking will go a loooong way.. cheers!! :D

Jul 3, 2011
please share ur secret with me,also tell me from which ielts book u prepared?

i will b waiting for ur reply

thanks
ani225.arunima@gmail.com

SUWEEZI

Jun 5, 2011
Good mornin,
Kindly, share ur secret with me, also tell me from which ielts book u prepared?

thank you.

oluwaseyiakinsuli@yahoo.com

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ani225.arunima said:
please share ur secret with me,also tell me from which ielts book u prepared?

thanks
ani225.arunima @ gmail.com
As the MrB mentioned in last post he prepared for IELTES by reading KAPLAN book.see here:” used the KAPLAN practice question from last year to practice, very good practice book”