+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my ECA, am I eligible for "two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees"

moussy

May 20, 2017
Hi,

Here is the summary of my ECA report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Completion of a college-level certificate (one year) and
bachelor's degree (four years)

Can I choose that I have two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees when I create EE file

In cic website they have below details in this page:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree
PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
    • Post-undergraduate certificate
    • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
    • Post-undergraduate diploma
    • Graduate Certificate
    • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
    • Postgraduate certificate
    • Postgraduate Diploma
    • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
    • Graduate diploma
    • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
    • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
    • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
    • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Yes you can

Reactions: moussy

kc87

Oct 21, 2018
Hello All,

I too need your help for a quick verification. I have two bachelor degrees (Bachelor of Business Management and Bachelor of Social Science) from the same university. My ECA report is just a one-liner that states:

- Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)

Can I count this under two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?

Please advise, thank you so much.

kc87

Oct 21, 2018
Hello All,

I too need your help for a quick verification. I have two bachelor degrees (Bachelor of Business Management and Bachelor of Social Science) from the same university. My ECA report is just a one-liner that states:

Hello there, anyone?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello All,

Was it two separate 4 yr studies? Or were you awarded two bachelors for 1 4yr term?

oryx_np

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
I think 'Dual Bachelors Degree (4 years) ' is a single degree. If you don't have additional degree with 3yrs or more duration, it counts will be counted as a Bachelors Degree.
Just my opinion though. Let's see if anyone else has similar experience.

kc87

Oct 21, 2018
I think 'Dual Bachelors Degree (4 years) ' is a single degree. If you don't have additional degree with 3yrs or more duration, it counts will be counted as a Bachelors Degree.
Just my opinion though. Let's see if anyone else has similar experience.
Thanks for your reply.

I actually listed my two bachelor's degrees separately in my Express Entry profile, as they are two separate degrees from the same university, taken concurrently during the undergraduate term.

With this, I got my ITA. I understand that the system will calculate the CRS automatically and award points accordingly.

I'm received my AOR on 10 Sep and cleared my MEP in late Sep. Can I assume that IRCC has accepted my application above?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Thanks for your reply.

I actually listed my two bachelor's degrees separately in my Express Entry profile, as they are two separate degrees from the same university, taken concurrently during the undergraduate term.

With this, I got my ITA. I understand that the system will calculate the CRS automatically and award points accordingly.

I'm received my AOR on 10 Sep and cleared my MEP in late Sep. Can I assume that IRCC has accepted my application above?
The case analyst will go through your profile and then award you points for one degree, regardless of what the system awarded you. IF this leads to a drop in points, the analyst will check if your new points are below the cutoff or not. If the points are below the cutoff it will be marked as Review Required and then most likely rejected by the VO.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello, thanks for your reply.

It was two bachelor's awarded for one 4 year term
It's actually one degree with dual specialization then. Looks like you already submitted as two or more. Now it's upto the officer as how to interpret it. With some luck you might pass through. Order gcms notes next month and see if they accepted it or not.

kc87

Oct 21, 2018
It's actually one degree with dual specialization then. Looks like you already submitted as two or more. Now it's upto the officer as how to interpret it. With some luck you might pass through. Order gcms notes next month and see if they accepted it or not.
Thank you, Navinball. Will order GCMS notes for sure. Do you think it's too early to apply now? Should I only wait for next month?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you, Navinball. Will order GCMS notes for sure. Do you think it's too early to apply now? Should I only wait for next month?
Apply 2.5 months after aor, by then the case processing agent would have reviewed your case and made notes