+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my citizenship through urgent processing in less than 3 months!!!!!

sung2can

Feb 5, 2018
Hello All!

I have been a long time lurker in this forum and have used all your suggestions and trackers to apply for my citizenship application and am (from my own estimates) the first post C-6 Oct 11 applicant to get my citizenship.

Below is my timeline:

App Sent- Oct 12
App Rcvd- Oct 13
AOR- Oct 16
IP- Nov. 13
Test Invite- Dec 11
Test Date- Jan 11
Decision Made- Jan 11
Oath Invite-Jan 12
Oath Date-Jan 30
Citizenship complete(as per E-cas)- Jan 31
Applied for passport-Feb 1
Received passport- Feb 5 (asked and paid for expedited as I had a travel I needed to get to)

The reason for my urgent processing was due to a job opportunity within the Canadian federal government that required Canadian citizenship. In order to prove that I was eligible I provided the following:

1)Cover letter explaining my case
2)Letter from HR stating that Canadian citizenship is a requirement for the job.
3)Letter from Recruiter stating that Canadian citizenship is a requirement for the job.
4)Email print out from government website stating that Canadian citizenship is a requirement for the job.

I will try and answer any questions you may have regarding this

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All!

I have been a long time lurker in this forum and have used all your suggestions and trackers to apply for my citizenship application and am (from my own estimates) the first post C-6 Oct 11 applicant to get my citizenship.

Below is my timeline:

App Sent- Oct 12
App Rcvd- Oct 13
AOR- Oct 16
IP- Nov. 13
Test Invite- Dec 11
Test Date- Jan 11
Decision Made- Jan 11
Oath Invite-Jan 12
Oath Date-Jan 30
Received passport- Feb 5 (asked and paid for expedited as I had a travel I needed to get to)

The reason for my urgent processing was due to a job opportunity within the Canadian federal government that required Canadian citizenship. In order to prove that I was eligible I provided the following:

2)Letter from HR stating that Canadian citizenship is a requirement for the job.
3)Letter from Recruiter stating that Canadian citizenship is a requirement for the job.
4)Email print out from government website stating that Canadian citizenship is a requirement for the job.

What is your location?

properRR

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Congrats, that's really fast! I'm kinda surprised IRCC processed it as urgent without a conditional offer.

Reactions: Nlehal

sung2can

Feb 5, 2018
Congrats, that's really fast! I'm kinda surprised IRCC processed it as urgent without a conditional offer.
Yea me as well.

I think the fact that I had letter from both the recruiter and HR along with the government policy helped

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hello All!

Below is my timeline:

App Sent- Oct 12
App Rcvd- Oct 13
AOR- Oct 16
IP- Nov. 13
Test Invite- Dec 11
Test Date- Jan 11
Decision Made- Jan 11
Oath Invite-Jan 12
Oath Date-Jan 30

WoW Congratulations!

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hello All!

Congratulations man! That's amazing..Cheers :)

Preetinder86

Oct 12, 2017
My friend got his Citizenship in 32 working days from app received till oath . He wants to apply for RCMP and got letter from his recruiter as well .

Reactions: Nlehal

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hello All!

Below is my timeline:

App Sent- Oct 12
App Rcvd- Oct 13
AOR- Oct 16
IP- Nov. 13
Test Invite- Dec 11
Test Date- Jan 11
Decision Made- Jan 11
Oath Invite-Jan 12
Oath Date-Jan 30

Congratulations !
May I ask you, who is your employer? Is it Canadian forces?

Thanks