+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got married when my pr in process

Siri9

Feb 1, 2019
I submitted my pr application on dec 12,2018 and i got married on dec 30,2018. Right now i passed medicals and background check is going on. My question is if add my spouse to the application now as dependent after post submission will my crs points get recaluclated?

Siri9

Feb 1, 2019

Siri9

Feb 1, 2019
Did u inform cic after receiving copr about your marriage or before
No i did inform cic before copr they responded to me in email telling u can add ur spouse wid help of webform and wat docs need to be submitted like imm008 and all; mean time wen i was getting ready to send these docs for my spouse i got copr! Wat i did now is i replied to the copr email telling maried status and asked if i still have to submit the passport but no response yet! And also i submitted the docs for my spouse using webform. And it still dint get updated in my cic account

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
No i did inform cic before copr they responded to me in email telling u can add ur spouse wid help of webform and wat docs need to be submitted like imm008 and all; mean time wen i was getting ready to send these docs for my spouse i got copr! Wat i did now is i replied to the copr email telling maried status and asked if i still have to submit the passport but no response yet! And also i submitted the docs for my spouse using webform. And it still dint get updated in my cic account
Normally what happens when u get copr and u want to add your dependent is that u send back ur passport to your VO and they cancel your existing copr and issue a new one. U should w8 for them to ask

Siri9

Feb 1, 2019
Normally what happens when u get copr and u want to add your dependent is that u send back ur passport to your VO and they cancel your existing copr and issue a new one. U should w8 for them to ask
Wats VO? And do they cancel my copr?? And wat happens wid my spouse now? Also wat will be the processing times?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Wats VO? And do they cancel my copr?? And wat happens wid my spouse now? Also wat will be the processing times?
Can’t tell u the processing time as your application will be reassessed. Your spouse will be added to your application and his medical, criminal record and security will be evaluated. Canceling copr means u will be issued a new one in which your husband will be mentioned as your dependent (I think). VO means visa office

Siri9

Feb 1, 2019
Can’t tell u the processing time as your application will be reassessed. Your spouse will be added to your application and his medical, criminal record and security will be evaluated. Canceling copr means u will be issued a new one in which your husband will be mentioned as your dependent (I think). VO means visa office
Ok thanku so much