+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got job offer from a company named as Mountainview Energy ltd is it fake or real .

ank4289

Jul 6, 2019
This is the mail i got from the company with form named as Preminary Interview form and in the form they have asked me about availing company accommodation they have a website which is not updated and in LinkedIn only 4 to 5 people work there which are the heads of the company please advice what to do.Below .They have asked me for my passport scan copy and other educational documents.

Dear Applicant,

We acknowledged your application submitted to us through naukri.com advertisement and your application was approved by the management, we decide to conduct interview with you base on your profile found in your application received and position you are trying to occupy in our respected establishment. Therefore you have been selected for interview, we request you to print out the employment application form attached to this email, fill it and return it back to us for further processing of your employment with Mountain View Energy Limited.

Kindly attach a scan copy of your international passport, passport photograph 35 mm x 45 mm and your entire educational certificate with the application

Thanks for your interest as we are waiting to receive your preliminary interview form.

Regards
HR MANAGER

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
It will be a scam so do not pay any money or share copies of any documents. No employer would ask for a copy of a passport or education documents upfront and certainly not before even interviewing someone. Plus if anyone offers flights, accommodation and food then generally will be a scam.

Scam operations generally clone sites to make them look genuine and even go to extent of LinkedIn entries , fake reviews on salary or job sites all to look convincing if their target should have some common sense and Google.

This particular company is based in Montana USA and their website even if genuine has no activity since 2015 which would be very unusual.

Last edited:
Reactions: nayr69sg

ank4289

Jul 6, 2019
It will be a scam so do not pay any money or share copies of any documents. No employer would ask for a copy of a passport or education documents upfront and certainly not before even interviewing someone. Plus if anyone offers flights, accommodation and food then generally will be a scam.

Scam operations generally clone sites to make them look genuine and even go to extent of LinkedIn entries , fake reviews on salary or job sites all to look convincing if their target should have some common sense and Google.

This particular company is based in Montana USA and their website even if genuine has no activity since 2015 which would be very unusual.
Thank you for the rply will probably avoid it as it is looking like a scam job only

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the rply will probably avoid it as it is looking like a scam job only
100% a scam. Job offers never look like this and the letter is horribly written. Don't send them anything.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I got a mail from careermountainviewcanada@gmail.com regarding a Electrical engineering job.
Is it a real or fake one.They send me application form to print and fill up and send them back by mail.
I want to know is it a genuine one.
Totally fake.

The giveaway here would be the fact using gmail whereas major companies would have their own email/internet domain not gmail

Be aware though that fake job offers also create internet domains to try to appear genuine but not in this case

zeetu_21

Jul 16, 2020
Totally fake.

The giveaway here would be the fact using gmail whereas major companies would have their own email/internet domain not gmail

Be aware though that fake job offers also create internet domains to try to appear genuine but not in this case

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Look the email doman was only set up in April often a sign that the site has been cloned

Domain Name: MOUNTAINVIEWPHARMA.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2511510042_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2020-04-09T19:18:23Z
Creation Date: 2020-04-05T22:52:23Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-04-05T22:52:23Z
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 1068

The contact telephone number has an area code 205 which is for Alabama in the US not Winnipeg as per the contact address

even if you google the address given in Winnipeg for the Canada office there are plenty of results for other companies at that address but this phrama is not one of them which seems odd. They could maybe rent office space but still seems odd no result

All the press releases on the site are 2019 nothing this year

The contact page says HQ is in Alaska yet in the careers page says in Berkley California, these are all potential clues the website has probably been cloned from elsewhere.

Even you google mountain view pharma you get a result based in the US

Ultimately upto you whether you think is fake or not but personally it has all the indications of being fake

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
This is the mail i got from the company with form named as Preminary Interview form and in the form they have asked me about availing company accommodation they have a website which is not updated and in LinkedIn only 4 to 5 people work there which are the heads of the company please advice what to do.Below .They have asked me for my passport scan copy and other educational documents.

Dear Applicant,

We acknowledged your application submitted to us through naukri.com advertisement and your application was approved by the management, we decide to conduct interview with you base on your profile found in your application received and position you are trying to occupy in our respected establishment. Therefore you have been selected for interview, we request you to print out the employment application form attached to this email, fill it and return it back to us for further processing of your employment with Mountain View Energy Limited.

Kindly attach a scan copy of your international passport, passport photograph 35 mm x 45 mm and your entire educational certificate with the application

Thanks for your interest as we are waiting to receive your preliminary interview form.

Regards
HR MANAGER
If you have to ask, it's definitely fake.