+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got ITA under FSW (have questions!)

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made a call to cic earlier, and the guy said he would send me an email on where to contact them, so what he did... he has sent me a link to the page for EE and where you have the form for contacting them with a case specific question.

I asked him why were we invited under FSW and not CEC, he said CIC didn't 'need' CEC applicants this time, but a friend of mine was invited this Saturday... which makes everything very confusing.

Another friend with the same situation, FSW and CEC met, got the ITA last week and he uploaded everything but the medical, said it didn't even ask for ECA. I haven't filled all the forms in yet.

btw, I have noticed that the application didn't pull out our foreign experience, since I haven't filled it all in yet, don't know if I'll be able to put more then 4 rows.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
colorblind said:
I made a call to cic earlier, and the guy said he would send me an email on where to contact them, so what he did... he has sent me a link to the page for EE and where you have the form for contacting them with a case specific question.

I asked him why were we invited under FSW and not CEC, he said CIC didn't 'need' CEC applicants this time, but a friend of mine was invited this Saturday... which makes everything very confusing.

Another friend with the same situation, FSW and CEC met, got the ITA last week and he uploaded everything but the medical, said it didn't even ask for ECA. I haven't filled all the forms in yet.

btw, I have noticed that the application didn't pull out our foreign experience, since I haven't filled it all in yet, don't know if I'll be able to put more then 4 rows.
Wow buddy ..same as me ...this is definitely a bug !!!

I had my exp consuming atleast 10 rows in EE profile ..however now after ITA, only 4 rows are showing up...which means we have to get all added now...again:(

Thanks for the reply.
Aarti

Tamsina

Feb 6, 2015
Congrats to others with ITA.
I got my EE ITA on the Feb 7th Draw. 900 points, existing LMO working in Canada, 1.5 years Canadian experience, 10 international experience, UK degree but no ECA (yet, sill awaiting).

System said I qualified for CEC and FSW, however in the generated letter I only got invited me for FSW (I don't have ECA and it doesn't ask for it in my document checklist)

Once I submitted my extra details and got through to the documents checklist it ask for many things including:

- Offer of Employment (explains the details)
- Letter of Employment (doesn't explain the details)

....DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS OR WHAT THE LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT IS?

Thanks in advance

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A letter of employment proves when you started to work there and what were the duties and salary. It also has to be on the company letterhead, and the supervisor's contact. We had to give that for our CEC application, as one of the docs they ask to prove the experience.

The offer is what you need to support the 600 points you got.

Tamsina

Feb 6, 2015
Thanks @colorblind. I also applied for the CEC in Dec 2014 and have that letter.

'Employment records' for my current job and the Letter of employment are pretty much the same thing then!

Makes 3 letters from the employer!!

- Employment record for my current job
- Offer of employment
- Letter of employment

Are you using your old CEC ones or getting newly dated ones?

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We haven't received the application back yet. But will do new letters definitely.
What really concerns me is that ECA. You said it didn't ask for it. But what if we get refused cuz of that? Wait for a few months to know that we did need it. Are you just going to ignore it? It's so annoying.
Even if I do write them, they won't know, as usual, different clerks will say different things as it's a new thing altogether. Still don't understand why were we elegible for the fsw in the first placw, with 0 points in education.

Bellamcc

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i was the same got approved for fsw and cec and then got pulled in january draw, letter didnt state which one and l called cic and the male said he couldnt answer any questions regarding express entry all has to be on email

got a reply back from cic email saying glitch on system and it was fsw which l didnt really want however l am a december 2014 cec applicant waiting on my application being returned and today my immigration lawyer said he has had cases returned that was put in after mine and some other lads all in the noc 7321 category with red seal and they havent been returned yet, should l be optimistic and hang on and see if it comes back?

fsw express entry is only a breeze if you have all paperwork in place and references stating everything that refers to the noc equivalent and can be signed off by your previous employer, there is no help out there apart for forums like this the cic cant help and the web page contradicts itself at every turn its a bloody mindfield

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
Hi Just called CIC and the call center says ..they are not trained in Expres Entry system, so he doesnt not have any answers to why I am invited for FSW and not CEC.

Colorblind, Did you called CIC as well..please share your exp..

Thanks,
Aarti
Have you mentioned about back home experience which falls under NOC 0, A B category?

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost everyone in this post have mentioned about back home experience and because the number of years are greater in the back home experience then the Canadian experience, the weightage goes to the FSW. That's the reason why all of you have got ITA for FSW. For sure there is a system glitch. The system is not able to differentiate that if the suitable option for ITA for any given profile is FSW or CEC. It sends the ITA for FSW because of the weightage of work experience but the bottom line is you do not meet the requirement of FSW as there is no ECA but if one has Canadian education there is a slim chance of any trouble. Just my thought.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
I think this is biggest drawback in FSW where we have to get reference letters from all employers...whereas in CEC it just counts your Canadian exp.

I hope they change to CEC..as none of my reference letters meet all criteria asked by cic..

Regard,
Aarti

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
I think this is biggest drawback in FSW where we have to get reference letters from all employers...whereas in CEC it just counts your Canadian exp.

I hope they change to CEC..as none of my reference letters meet all criteria asked by cic..

Regard,
Aarti
So you are been asked to submit the job letter with duties from the jobs that were done outside Canada?

Tamsina

Feb 6, 2015
I wish I could upload the screenshots from inside the ITA approved system to show you all to try and help you in advance. The only people helping me right now is this thread, way better job than my Immigration lawyers ( I've tried two) and the CIC call centre.

@John1818 For myself for FSW and 10 years Uk experience it has asked for Employment Records from every job I've entered in the system (5 for me). The irony is my career is all about designing user-centered systems, you can imagine how much fun this is for me *impatient-sigh*

Inside the ITA document checklist system... Here is the exact wording for information on:

Document: Employment Records
You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences. Your evidence should include a reference letter form your employer, previous pay stubs, where available. The Ref letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I too got ITA to apply under FSW. But I am planning to decline the invitation as I my experience letters are not upto CIC standards and the comapny I had worked for is no longer active.

Though I have 18 months of Canadian Work Experience, I have been invited under FSW.

Can any one please advise me on consequences about Declining an ITA?

mirko.alilovic

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Aarti21 said:

Regard,
Aarti
Can't you just get a reference letter from your most recent employer and ignore the rest??

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
mirko.alilovic said:
Can't you just get a reference letter from your most recent employer and ignore the rest??
But that will still not met the requirements.....cant ignore the rest buddy..

the pdf that received in the message shows what will happen if u decline the invitation..