+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got denied and wife accepted

AdamAA

Mar 11, 2019
Hello
Finally I got notes of Decision and it's accepted for my wife and rejected me and 3 girls , now can we apply for PR with my wife as dependents and not appeal against refugee claim !! Or I have to appeal to avoid removal with applying to PR

Help me please I am very Confused

Good luck for every body

Last edited:
Reactions: adbcca

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Well, it will take 2 years for your wife to get her PR. IMO, you will want to do what you can to keep you and your children in country until she can sponsor you. And you are accepted. I’d appeal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much for reply ,,

We apply together as family in the border , my wife have first blood relative in Canada, we had our hearing in December 27 2018 , we got decision on March 05 , Its risk to stay while applying for the PR as dependent, but we will appeal against refugee claim rejected. That is the story. All kids under 14 years , Its possible to get help from legal aid for appeal even I am working and I have income !!
Legal aid will tell you if you qualify. They only take on appeals with a good chance of winning due to the enormous need and limited budget. Iff you are working it is unlikely you will qualify. Canadians also have to pay their own legal costs if they are working.