waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
hi all

Im so happy I finally got my TRV yesterday!!!
It wasnt a long wait, I was just afraid that they wouldnt give it to me because I had a PR application in Process...but its all good now... :D Im going to be with my husband for our Anniversary YAY!!! :D

Good luck everyone with your applications!!!

Any questions just ask ;)
cheers!

Najeebkhan

Sep 26, 2010
Hi, I am glad that you got your visa? may i know how long does it take? and what is the proccedure to go through? plz give me all details? thanks

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
galmxcan said:
hi all

Im so happy I finally got my TRV yesterday!!!
It wasnt a long wait, I was just afraid that they wouldnt give it to me because I had a PR application in Process...but its all good now... :D Im going to be with my husband for our Anniversary YAY!!! :D

Good luck everyone with your applications!!!

Any questions just ask ;)
cheers!
Congrats on your TRV!! :D :p

mike123

Sep 27, 2010
Congratulations on your TVR!

If you don't mind me asking I'm wondering where you and your husband got married and if you have a marriage certificate? my wife is Indonesian but we don't have a marriage certificate yet because of the lengthy process in her country. I want to bring her to Canada in April next year on a TRV but i'm afraid if we can't prove were married and that her visa will be rejected. Did the visa office in your country ask to see any supporting documents from your marriage? any help is appreciated thanks...

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
Hi and thanks everyone!

Sorry I didnt have time to reply to your post before...but here I am..I will try to aswear your questions

mike123 said:
Congratulations on your TVR!

If you don't mind me asking I'm wondering where you and your husband got married and if you have a marriage certificate?
we got married in Mexico, on October 2009. We also had to wait for almost 3months to get our marriage certificate. We then apply for the PR and sponsorship and now that the sponsorship has been approved I apply for the TRV to go visit him while we wait for the rest of the PR process. Im not sure how long would it take to process a TRV for her in Indonesia, in Mexico it takes about a week . So maybe you still have enough time to wait for the marriage certificate and then apply for TRV before April?

Did the visa office in your country ask to see any supporting documents from your marriage?
Yes they ask to show proof of the relationship with the person you are visiting in Canada so in your case will be the Marriage certificate, Do you have any document that proves that you are still waiting to get the Marriage certificate?? I guess if needed you could write a letter explaning the situation and send photos or any other evidence of your marriage. Are you planing on sponsoring her later?? I suggest you to look on CIC website for the TRV checklist where you can see which other documents she will need to present.
Good luck!!!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
Najeebkhan said:
Hi, I am glad that you got your visa? may i know how long does it take? and what is the proccedure to go through? plz give me all details? thanks
Hi,
In my case it took about 7 business days to get my TRV stamped in my passport; I guess the processing time can be different depending on the country you are applying.

The procedure is...you need to print all the necesary forms from CIC website, fill them up and gather all other documents requested, including the TRV checklist depending on your specific case, there are TRV to visit a friend or relative, TRV for tourism only, TRV for short term studying....So depending on your situation and the country you are applying from you could be requested different supporting documents.

Once you have all the application ready you could either send the package to the Canadian Embassy in your country or drop it in person; In Mexico there are also some visa application centers where they can check if your application is correct and complete and then they send it directly to the Embassy, its faster to get a TRV by using this offices.

Chek the CIC website for all the details.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Okay, Im not sure of your specific situation...but hope I was helpful
Good luck!!

cocomtl

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
kingston, Jamaica
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Im kinda in the same boat, me and my husband had applied for a TRV in Aug and were refused. The reason for his visit is for my husband to be present for the birth of his daughter. Now we are reapplying and im curious to know if I should should write another letter for his application. My father and his wife have provided an invitation letter and mention that they will support him financially during his stay. They love him and want him here, so should I even bother writting another letter or is my father and his wife letter and my husband sufficent enough. We will be providing our marriage certificate of course. Were you guys refused prior to this grant.

Thank you soo much, Im just eager to have him here and nervous my due date is right around the corner.

L

limanoid

Did you try getting a letter from your doctor saying that you are inviting him for the birth? The note would mention your spouse's full name and birthdate, your name and birthdate, as well as your due date.

cocomtl said:
Hello,

Im kinda in the same boat, me and my husband had applied for a TRV in Aug and were refused. The reason for his visit is for my husband to be present for the birth of his daughter. Now we are reapplying and im curious to know if I should should write another letter for his application. My father and his wife have provided an invitation letter and mention that they will support him financially during his stay. They love him and want him here, so should I even bother writting another letter or is my father and his wife letter and my husband sufficent enough. We will be providing our marriage certificate of course. Were you guys refused prior to this grant.

Thank you soo much, Im just eager to have him here and nervous my due date is right around the corner.

cici77

Oct 29, 2010
Hi.. Congrats im so happy you got what your looking for!!!
I'm Irish and was on a one-year under-35 working visa with my boyfriend living in Canada from September 2009 -September 2010, Our visas expired at the end of September and I came home one week before it expired to visit friends/family.. My boyfriend(common law partner) was offered a really good job and started at the end of August, this company has agreed to sponsor him so we are waiting to hear if we got a positive LMO and soon after we hope to get the news of our visa extention. My partner is still living and working in Canada on implied status, I know that because I came home I have ruined my implied status, but I am wondering if it's ok I return to Canada, what are the rules and regulations of me returning (obvioulsy won't work until I am allowed to)
If I was to book a one-way ticket to Canada, I'm afraid of questions from customs, or do I need a return ticket, is this a normal thing? I just miss my boyfriend soo much I want to return asap ... any ideas how I can go about this? Sorry for the speil.

Thanks in advance