jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,

These are my updates:

Telephone landing = 14 DEC
Sent CoPR back same day.
CoPR approved (Became PR) = 27 DEC
Received CoPR = Jan 4

I also linked my PR card application to my CIC account.

My PR application status has still not changed which is weird. I called CIC and they said sometimes it takes time for it to update. I haven't noticed any movements on my PR card status either. it just shows application under process.

Does anyone else have similar issues of the statuses not updating even though things are actually approved?
Yes I have the same issue but I did border landing after my CoPRs were sent to me, I didnt bother to wait on telephone landing

Reactions: sjtemp

omars

Jan 19, 2018
When did you land? And has your statuses changed on the CIC webpage?

You also might want to call CIC to clarify on your copr.
I did my telephone landing on Dec 15. The CIC has not yet updated the status.
I agree with you. May be call CIC for more information.

omars

Jan 19, 2018
Call the helpline and ask how copr was sent and when it was sent
its your landing record - as important as your pr card or even more
Yup. I understand that CoPR is important. My question is, since I have my PR card, can I ignore the CoPR ?

boppity

Dec 11, 2017
Hi All,

These are my updates:

Telephone landing = 14 DEC
Sent CoPR back same day.
CoPR approved (Became PR) = 27 DEC
Received CoPR = Jan 4

I also linked my PR card application to my CIC account.

My PR application status has still not changed which is weird. I called CIC and they said sometimes it takes time for it to update. I haven't noticed any movements on my PR card status either. it just shows application under process.

Does anyone else have similar issues of the statuses not updating even though things are actually approved?
Yes, both my PR card and express entry applications say processing. The CIC agent said the same thing to me, that they take time to update (about three weeks ago) but since I have the COPR and was able to get my SIN/health card info changed, I'm not too worried.

sjtemp

Jan 19, 2018
Yes, both my PR card and express entry applications say processing. The CIC agent said the same thing to me, that they take time to update (about three weeks ago) but since I have the COPR and was able to get my SIN/health card info changed, I'm not too worried.
I am not worried too. Just hoping that I would get my PR card soon so that I can make travel arrangements. Looking at some people getting their cards so fast and around the time I did my interview is making me hopeful. Hopefully everyone gets their cards asap.

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
Call the helpline and ask how copr was sent and when it was sent
its your landing record - as important as your pr card or even more
Hey did you got any update on your file yet ? I called ircc the agent was really nice and informed me the same thing about regular landing which he referred to me not ppr but the Vancouver office contacting me . I confirmed of what he is saying is it correct he said yes . He said that the time period for them to contact me is three weeks if they can’t contact you then I should call cic they would be answering regarding the same .

Reactions: testtrav2

bunty_101

Jan 2, 2018
Received my PR card today.

Here is the chronology of events. My status online has not been updated till date (last update on 13th Sep)

Invitation to apply- 25th Aug
Application submission - 31st Aug
Medical complete- 13th Sep
Invitation to complete landing via phone - 1st Dec
CoPR received regular post - 12th Dec
Phone landing completed - 13th Dec
Mailed back by express post CoPR to Montreal - 13th Dec
Mailed received by Montreal - 18th Dec
Permanent Residency status updated on - 29th Dec
CoPR mailed by Montreal by regular post - 3rd Jan
CoPR received (in Vancouver) - 10th Jan
PR card received by regular mail - 19th Jan

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hey did you got any update on your file yet ? I called ircc the agent was really nice and informed me the same thing about regular landing which he referred to me not ppr but the Vancouver office contacting me . I confirmed of what he is saying is it correct he said yes . He said that the time period for them to contact me is three weeks if they can’t contact you then I should call cic they would be answering regarding the same .
i understand you dont have copr? how will they land you at local office?.
did you ask? or does vancouver has a case processing center?
i have not received any further updates . the agent said ottawa office will contact you which i assumed was case processing center - ottawa
i paraphrased and asked if i will get a ppr request and the agent said yes and they will affix the counterfoil(immigrant visa) to my passport
i will call early this week again. please keep me posted if if you receive anything

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
i understand you dont have copr? how will they land you at local office?.
did you ask? or does vancouver has a case processing center?
i have not received any further updates . the agent said ottawa office will contact you which i assumed was case processing center - ottawa
i paraphrased and asked if i will get a ppr request and the agent said yes and they will affix the counterfoil(immigrant visa) to my passport
i will call early this week again. please keep me posted if if you receive anything
Yeah I know . Even the agent told me that Montreal office has told the Vancouver office that the candidate does not have copr .
And also I had already send them signed copr with pictures so they might send them copr with my pics.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Yeah I know . Even the agent told me that Montreal office has told the Vancouver office that the candidate does not have copr .
And also I had already send them signed copr with pictures so they might send them copr with my pics.
yes possible. as its a cic local office itself they could print copr or request a copy sent to their office before appointment

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
yes possible. as its a cic local office itself they could print copr or request a copy sent to their office before appointment
so have you sent your copr to montreal office by pics and signed?
And also my file was approved on black friday ... are there any chances of getting rejected
? Guys please answer the last question as i am really worried

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
so have you sent your copr to montreal office by pics and signed?
And also my file was approved on black friday ... are there any chances of getting rejected
? Guys please answer the last question as i am really worried
No i have it with myself. since no body called me for interview i was not asked to send it back
but my copr is not usable since the agent asked me to sign when i went for border landing but could not land. basically i will need a new copy as well
why would anybody reject your application for no fault of yours?

mightymatt

Jan 22, 2018
Hey all,

My schedule is as follows:

Phone interview on December 15
Letter returned and arrived in Montreal on December 19

Still no update, I haven't received the CoPR back signed and no PR card. Tried linking the PR card to my account, but no luck. Anybody got anything similar to this?