Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
In your opinion do you think Telephone landing is faster than border landing? Please advise thanks

Dec 11, 2017
Hi all,

I received a signed copy of the CoPR and just wanted to update everyone on the dates:
6 Dec Received email from cic regarding telephone landing
14 Dec - telephone interview, sent the copr back same day,
18 Dec - copr received by cic
03 Jan - date on which copr was signed by officer
12 Jan - received signed copy of copr

Now waiting for PR card.
Best of luck!

boyce922

Dec 12, 2017
Hello, I just got the mail of my signed copy of Copr back from CIC officer, do I need to do anything to apply for PR card or they will mail it to me automatically?

Thanks and best of luck to you all.

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
An update on my process.

Dec 6, 2017: Received email from IRCC MTL to participate in the Express Landing Pilot Program
Dec 13, 2017: Received mail with copies of CoPRs and instruction letter.
Dec 14, 2017: Successfully finalized the interview. Mailed CoPRs back to Montreal from Vancouver through Xpress Post.
Dec 18, 2017: Delivered to IRCC MTL Building.
Dec 28, 2017: IRCC signed CoPRs and officially became Permanent Resident of Canada. PR Card application was also submitted.
Jan 4, 2018: IRCC mailed back the CoPR client copy through regular mail. ALSO, linked PR card application to myCIC account.
Jan 10, 2018: Received CoPR.
Jan 11, 2018: Successfully applied for a permanent SIN.

Online app still shows "in process".

Cheers.

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
just got this

Based on the information you have provided, we have decided to cancel your Express landing appointment.
You will be contacted at a later date for a regular landing.
For any information, please contact the Client Support Center at 1-888-242-2100.
Hey did u got ppr yet ? My case is similar to yours

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hey did u got ppr yet ? My case is similar to yours
no not yet
i think our cases are in no mans land
mtl office has decided not to process our cases but not sure if they are sent anywhere yet. last entry in my case is about corrospondence from mtl office
i believe the case need to be sent to a visa office to send pprs.
also i tried landing at land border yesterday but cbsa agent would not land me since i did not have immigrant visas( had multiple entry work permit based visas). cbsa agent said they will contact cic today about this. Since we are very small minority nobody is clear about the process

Last edited:

Msrattan

Jul 27, 2017
HI got a reply from MTL, they wrote me - Your PR is confirmed and your COPR is mailed to you via regaular mail and you should receive that in following days.

This came on friday.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
no not yet
mtl office has decided not to process our cases but not sure if they are sent anywhere yet. last entry in my case is about corrospondence from mtl office
also i tried landing at land border yesterday but cbsa agent would not land me since i did not have immigrant visas( had multiple entry work permit based visas). cbsa agent said they will contact cic today about this. Since we are very small minority nobody is clear about the process
@kirat i talked to cic today and they said there are quite few cases where mtl office did not do complete the appointment.
they are in process of sending back files to cpc-ottawa and ottawa office will send us PPR request

Reactions: Kirat123

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
no not yet
That's weird. I landed at a border crossing and I did not have an Immigrant Visa. I used my regular US Visa to go and Canadian Visa to come back.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
That's weird. I landed at a border crossing and I did not have an Immigrant Visa. I used my regular US Visa to go and Canadian Visa to come back.
I think its just about how cbsa agent interprets stuff. i do agree that as long as there is a canadian visa, you can be provided entry and they could have landed me. but the agent i was working with was expecting a immigrant visa because always she has seen one on prospective PR's passport
she checked with other agents who were there. she checked all the bulletins etc to make sure nothing was being missed. since these were very few cases i dont think there is any cic/cbsa documentation on this.
it was sunday.so she could not call cic. i decided not to argue because at the end of the day cbsa agents decision is going to be final
they let me in as i had valid temp resident status and visas

Reactions: jman25

Msrattan

Jul 27, 2017
i have received my landing paper, and was able to link my pr application on website, however the status is still showing in progress...

Jan 10, 2018
i have received my landing paper, and was able to link my pr application on website, however the status is still showing in progress...
same happened to me, took a day a so to change to " Updated" but today it was changed to " APPROVED"
Did this happen to everyone?