+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
I tried this but it didnt work.
I called both the CIC contact center and also the border agent who completed my phone landing and both confirmed that my status was changed as PR on 29th dec and letter mailed out to me on 2nd jan (landing phn call completed on 13th dec and and document received by montreal on 18th dec).. its funny that it doesn't recognize my application # when I am trying to link my pr card application onto my CIC account..so no joy for me as yet!
Try to us UCI and Family Name to link your PR Card application. The reason is that the application number is different that the one for Express Entry. It should start with R302XXXX. Best.

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
I did the interview on Dec 14th, emailed CoRP back the same day, it arrived on Dec 18th.

Today I received CoRP signed. It says I became a PR on Dec 28th and it was sent on Jan 4th. I live in Toronto, the mail was sent to and received from Montreal.

Also, I successfully linked my wife's (she is secondary applicant on PR application) PR card application, but I couldn't link my PR card application. I hope that's only some error in their system since our online PR app still has "in progress" status and we became PRs. :)

Congrats to everyone on PR who received CoRP back, and those who haven't received yet read my congrats again in one-two days, because I believe everyone who did a phone interview in Dec will receive CoRP back to the end of the week. :)
Congrats !! Have they just signed and dated or does the CoRP have a stamp or something else indicating you’re a PR?

Jan 10, 2018
Had my phone interview on 15th, sent back Copr the same day, received the copy back on January 9th
waiting for PR card now
Talked to a representative, said PR card has been requested, and that I am officially a PR.
Said not to worry about the online application ( application still shows submitted) it has been approved.
Linking the application at this moment is not available, they do not offer this option.
Timeline is 60 days to get the actual PR card.
Good luck everyone!

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Talked to a representative, said PR card has been requested, and that I am officially a PR.
Said not to worry about the online application ( application still shows submitted) it has been approved.
Linking the application at this moment is not available, they do not offer this option.
Timeline is 60 days to get the actual PR card.
Good luck everyone!
Do you live in Toronto area ?

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
Congrats !! Have they just signed and dated or does the CoRP have a stamp or something else indicating you’re a PR?
Thank you! Yeah they only dated and signed it.

Honestly I'm not sure if we can do anything with this document before we get PR cards. I tried this morning to change my SIN number, they didn't accept CoPR. I know I'm officially PR but looks like I can't use that status until PR card arrives.

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina

Honestly I'm not sure if we can do anything with this document before we get PR cards. I tried this morning to change my SIN number, they didn't accept CoPR. I know I'm officially PR but looks like I can't use that status until PR card arrives.
WHAT! What did Service Canada said ? That’s ridiculous...

boppity

Dec 11, 2017

That's definitely wrong. I got my permanent SIN with my COPR only and no PR card. Which Service Canada did you go to?

Reactions: TempResident

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
That's definitely wrong. I got my permanent SIN with my COPR only and no PR card. Which Service Canada did you go to?
WHAT! What did Service Canada said ? That’s ridiculous...
They told me that they can't accept paper that has dates written by a pen (mine document has few dates written by a pan), they have to be stamped. I called immigration, they told me to go back and ask for manual validation, if they are still making a problem to call immigration and let them speak with a person in Service Canada. Terrible!

boppity

Dec 11, 2017
They told me that they can't accept paper that has dates written by a pen (mine document has few dates written by a pan), they have to be stamped. I called immigration, they told me to go back and ask for manual validation, if they are still making a problem to call immigration and let them speak with a person in Service Canada. Terrible!
Were the last two dates (date of signature from CIC) written or stamped?

snoopy_15

Jul 12, 2016
Were the last two dates (date of signature from CIC) written or stamped?
Yeah, two dates next to signature are stamped. But some dates when I entered and left Canada last time are written by pen.

Btw I went to Service Canada in Burlington, ON I'm thinking to go in other office. Where did you go?

boppity

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah, two dates next to signature are stamped. But some dates when I entered and left Canada last time are written by pen.

Btw I went to Service Canada in Burlington, ON I'm thinking to go in other office. Where did you go?
Mine was the exact same (signature dates stamped, everything else was handwritten). I went to one in Toronto (Yonge/St. Clair).

snoopy_15

Jul 12, 2016
Mine was the exact same (signature dates stamped, everything else was handwritten). I went to one in Toronto (Yonge/St. Clair).
Ok thank you. I'll try again in Burlington and will ask for manual validation as they told me when I called immigration. If not I'll try other office.

mnguyen31

Dec 15, 2017
update in my case as promised,
I'm in Toronto.
Did interview Dec 18,
Receive CoPR the first time on Dec 20, signed and sent back on the same day.
IRCC received it Dec 21.
CIC Account got approve from the beginning of Jan.
Got it back yesterday Jan 09, 2018, take around 20 days due to the holiday break.
Applied for SIN at service Canada and health card at service Ontario today Jan 10.
Wish everyone the best.

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
Update

I went back to Service Canada, spent about 2hrs with lady that works there. She called some other office that is main for SINs, they didn't know anything about this pilot program. They called someone else to check, nobody knew anything.

At the end she took all our information and submitted application to the main office. They will have to investigate all that and will give me a call. If everything is alright they will just mail us a new SINs. Looks like I'll have to wait a few more days.

I still can't believe that immigration didn't inform them about this. I don't know how other people didn't have a problem with this, but looks like we can expect this in some offices.