+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Anyone who has done their telephone landing on December 14th, received their COPR back from IRCC Montreal?
my COPR is delivered to IRCC on 18th Decemeber. So far no update.
I had my telephonic interview on December 20th. Waiting to get back the COPR from IRCC Montreal

deepu4pr

Jan 8, 2018
Same here. Delivered on 18th and no update since then.
Hi,

Just now connected with IRCC Customer support, they have confirmed that my COPR is signed and sent back to me on 4th January ( So far not yet received by me). He also confirmed me that Dec 28th is the date on which i became Permanent resident :) . Now i was able to link my Permanent resident card to my online application account to track the status.

Please reach out customer support to know the exact status of your application.

Good luck!!

sawyerzhang

Dec 11, 2017
Hi,

Just now connected with IRCC Customer support, they have confirmed that my COPR is signed and sent back to me on 4th January ( So far not yet received by me). He also confirmed me that Dec 28th is the date on which i became Permanent resident :) . Now i was able to link my Permanent resident card to my online application account to track the status.

Please reach out customer support to know the exact status of your application.

Good luck!!
I tried to link mine too on CIC. With my second guess based on your date, I was able to link my PR card application. Hahaha XD.
Thanks!

sawyerzhang

Dec 11, 2017
For those of you who are waiting for IRCC to return your COPR you may want to try this.

Go to your online CIC account and link existing application. Choose PR card type and it will ask you to input some basic information and it will search if there is an existing PR card application open. The only information we don't know is when IRCC signed our COPR and you can give it a guess! Mine was delivered to IRCC on Dec 18th and with second guess I was able to link my PR card application which was created Dec 29th. I assume this means IRCC signed my COPR and created my PR card application on Dec 29th and my COPR is on its way back!

So give it a try and celebrate before receiving the actual copy!

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Did interview on Dec15, Sent COPR Dec 19, COPR got received Dec 22.
No updates yet.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Just wanted to let everyone know because this may be the case for you too - I completed my telephone landing on Dec 11 and I received my PR card this morning! They told me it would take 60 days but received it in less than a month.
Holy CRAP! that was crazy fast! Congrats! I didn't do telephone landing, I went to the land border on December 17th to flagpole but I hope ill receive mine soon too. Where are you from and did you link your PR card application to your online account? And if so does it say approved or anything?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
just got this

Based on the information you have provided, we have decided to cancel your Express landing appointment.
You will be contacted at a later date for a regular landing.
For any information, please contact the Client Support Center at 1-888-242-2100.
Ok, I think this means that you will be receiving a regular PPR email to submit passport along with pictures etc. Let us know the outcome and all the best. :)

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
just got this

Based on the information you have provided, we have decided to cancel your Express landing appointment.
You will be contacted at a later date for a regular landing.
For any information, please contact the Client Support Center at 1-888-242-2100.
I got the same reply but mine said as I didn’t received the COPR I will be contacted at later date for regular landing

arvidragon

Dec 20, 2017
Did interview on Dec15, Sent COPR Dec 19, COPR got received Dec 22.
No updates yet.
Same dates as you!

I had called IRCC yesterday morning and he said application is not approved yet. They have lot of incoming posts and for each post an IRCC officer has to go and update our file so it will take time. I asked him if my signed copy of CoPR is delivered to them for which he said he cannot confirmed that unless it is updated by them. On Canada post website it shows to me as delivered.

Lets wait and see, hopefully it should be done in couple of days.

Cheers!

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Just wanted to let everyone know because this may be the case for you too - I completed my telephone landing on Dec 11 and I received my PR card this morning! They told me it would take 60 days but received it in less than a month.
I called IRCC service centre today in relation to our CoPRs. The agent confirmed our PR status as of December 28th, 2017. Our CoRPs have already been mailed out on January 3rd but there was no tracking number available (I'm assuming is regular mail then), so we can expect the envelop sometime today, Tuesday 9th or tomorrow maybe. On the other hand, I mentioned that someone who finished the Telephone Express Landing Process had already received his PR Card. So I wondered if that the new effort for reducing waiting times for everyone. The agent told I was incorrect, the waiting time for new arrivals is still 60 days but for those who had landed through the pilot project, it is fast-processed since the pilot project won't continue to operate in 2018, so the Case Processing Centre that issues the PR Card need to close the cycle as soon as they receive CoPRs from Express Landing candidates. HENCE, WE ARE ALL GONNA GET OUR PR CARDs IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS!!! That's great news for us !!!!!

Last edited:

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I called IRCC service centre today in relation to our CoPRs. The agent confirmed our PR status as of December 28th, 2017. Our CoRPs have already been mailed out on January 3rd but there was no tracking number available (I'm assuming is regular mail then), so we can expect the envelop sometime today, Tuesday 9th or tomorrow maybe. On the other hand, I mentioned that someone who finished the Telephone Express Landing Process had already received his PR Card. So I wondered if that the new effort for reducing waiting times for everyone. The agent told I was incorrect, the waiting time for new arrivals is still 60 days but for those who had landed through the pilot project, it is fast-processed since the pilot project won't continue to operate in 2018, so the Case Processing Centre that issues the PR Card need to close the cycle as soon as they receive CoPRs from Express Landing candidates. HENCE, WE ARE ALL GONNA GET OUR PR CARDs IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS!!! That's great news for us !!!!!
That sounds great! Although I'm not sure I'm apart of that group lol. I was scheduled for Telephone Landing but my COPR didn't arrive in time and when it did I just went to the border to land lol. BUT here's to hoping :)

Reactions: TempResident

bunty_101

Jan 2, 2018
For those of you who are waiting for IRCC to return your COPR you may want to try this.

Go to your online CIC account and link existing application. Choose PR card type and it will ask you to input some basic information and it will search if there is an existing PR card application open. The only information we don't know is when IRCC signed our COPR and you can give it a guess! Mine was delivered to IRCC on Dec 18th and with second guess I was able to link my PR card application which was created Dec 29th. I assume this means IRCC signed my COPR and created my PR card application on Dec 29th and my COPR is on its way back!

So give it a try and celebrate before receiving the actual copy!
I tried this but it didnt work.
I called both the CIC contact center and also the border agent who completed my phone landing and both confirmed that my status was changed as PR on 29th dec and letter mailed out to me on 2nd jan (landing phn call completed on 13th dec and and document received by montreal on 18th dec).. its funny that it doesn't recognize my application # when I am trying to link my pr card application onto my CIC account..so no joy for me as yet!

snoopy_15

Jul 12, 2016
I did the interview on Dec 14th, emailed CoRP back the same day, it arrived on Dec 18th.

Today I received CoRP signed. It says I became a PR on Dec 28th and it was sent on Jan 4th. I live in Toronto, the mail was sent to and received from Montreal.

Also, I successfully linked my wife's (she is secondary applicant on PR application) PR card application, but I couldn't link my PR card application. I hope that's only some error in their system since our online PR app still has "in progress" status and we became PRs. :)

Congrats to everyone on PR who received CoRP back, and those who haven't received yet read my congrats again in one-two days, because I believe everyone who did a phone interview in Dec will receive CoRP back to the end of the week. :)