+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

nik21

Jan 5, 2018
Hi plz reply if anybody has same situation.
Got mail for telephonic landing on dec 1
Interview on dec 13
Did not receive the copr till morning of dec 13 .agent told me to sign and send them back . got copr in afternoon and have signed have send back.
They received my documents on dec 15 .
Got PPR request on dec 22 .
Do we need need to send the passport and photos again ??? Have called CIC but the agent said we do not have to send the passport again .
Confused???

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
Heya guys so I called cic .... they told me that there is a note on my file saying that on January 3rd they have received the copy technically it should be 20th December, and the agent told me that the note also says I will be doing regular inland landing ... when I asked her that would I be getting the COPR back she said she doesn’t knew so she said it might be Possible that I just go there and officer would do the landing over there
So she said also that someone would be scheduling an appointment with local visa office over at Vancouver and I’ll be getting contacted in this coming week
It’s very confusing because how come it could be done without having a copy of COPR in my hands

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Heya guys so I called cic .... they told me that there is a note on my file saying that on January 3rd they have received the copy technically it should be 20th December, and the agent told me that the note also says I will be doing regular inland landing ... when I asked her that would I be getting the COPR back she said she doesn’t knew so she said it might be Possible that I just go there and officer would do the landing over there
So she said also that someone would be scheduling an appointment with local visa office over at Vancouver and I’ll be getting contacted in this coming week
It’s very confusing because how come it could be done without having a copy of COPR in my hands
That’s very weird. They might have noticed something sketchy in your signed CoRP or your application as a whole that raised the need of finalizing the process in front of an immigration officer. On the other hand, they do sometimes mail all the documents directly to the local IRCC office (Vancouver) to do this.

My question then is, how in the world they’re not actively communicating with us in relation to this process? Had you not called IRCC the other day you wouldn’t have known this key piece of information!!!

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
That’s very weird. They might have noticed something sketchy in your signed CoRP or your application as a whole that raised the need of finalizing the process in front of an immigration officer. On the other hand, they do sometimes mail all the documents directly to the local IRCC office (Vancouver) to do this.

My question then is, how in the world they’re not actively communicating with us in relation to this process? Had you not called IRCC the other day you wouldn’t have known this key piece of information!!!
I don’t think so beside my application was approved in November so it’s not the application but they canceled the COPR when the lady called for my landing so i think that’s why

wen1990

Jan 8, 2018
My timeline.

22 November: Telephone landing--- same day I received an e-mail to submit Completion of Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document.
Note: I signed the documents, both COPR, during the interview. However, I was told NOT to date any of the copies, the reason is that they will date them when they receive them from me, and date under my signature will be also dated by them, only my signature is required. It seems on the day they sign them, you are officially permanent resident. You will send both copies of COPR (both will be signed), and they will return your copy and will keep their own copy.
23 November: I sent the signed COPR forms (note that I did not include xpost envelope, and it looks they deliver my copy at their own expense).
27 November: Delivered.
28 November: I could link my PR card on my existing CIC account, and it looks my PR is approved on 28th November:) And I used only name, surname, date, and place of birth when selecting on the menu in order to link PR card processing to my CIC account.

I think they will also send my copy of validated COPR soon. With the validated COPR form (signed and dated, and copy of me sent by them), I can apply for SIN number, and health care card.

Thank you,

This is where I get so confused, this not to date thing. So even tho there is a date section right by where I am supposed sign, I still shouldn't date? All I need to do is to initial to the two question they asked me during my phone interview with a black pen and sign the bottom on both copies?

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I think you just need to go to a Land Border and do your landing...
looks like that is the option. i tried calling cic to set up a appointment at local visa office, but the call centre employee is not ready to do it. they say we have to be landed through montreal office

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
looks like that is the option. i tried calling cic to set up a appointment at local visa office, but the call centre employee is not ready to do it. they say we have to be landed through montreal office
just got this

Based on the information you have provided, we have decided to cancel your Express landing appointment.
You will be contacted at a later date for a regular landing.
For any information, please contact the Client Support Center at 1-888-242-2100.

jjpatel

Nov 27, 2017
Just wanted to let everyone know because this may be the case for you too - I completed my telephone landing on Dec 11 and I received my PR card this morning! They told me it would take 60 days but received it in less than a month.

Reactions: jman25

deepu4pr

Jan 8, 2018
Just wanted to let everyone know because this may be the case for you too - I completed my telephone landing on Dec 11 and I received my PR card this morning! They told me it would take 60 days but received it in less than a month.
Hi,

When did you get back your signed COPR from IRCC?

deepu4pr

Jan 8, 2018
Anyone who has done their telephone landing on December 14th, received their COPR back from IRCC Montreal?
my COPR is delivered to IRCC on 18th Decemeber. So far no update.