+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I have officially 'landed' as a PR! :)

I did this in person at the visa office. Here's a recap of my experience, if it helps anyone:
  • Received email invite to do telephone landing, which I accepted.
  • I could not do the telephone landing because on the day, the agent called an hour later than the agreed time slot.
  • I called CIC, who arranged a visa office landing instead. This appointment was made the same day, for a week later.
  • I had that appointment this morning, where my COPR was signed and I was made officially a PR!
  • I already used the signed COPR to get new SIN. The PR card takes 2-3 months.
It's real! Good luck to everyone else on their journey to PR. Next stop... citizenship in a couple of years ;)
Congrats

Reactions: sv100

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
I got my COPR back and signed!!
After the telephone landing interview I sent both copies of COPR signed, they received them (in Calgary) on December 11th.
I got the COPR signed by them yesterday, December 20th. So excited!!

Hope this helps.
Congratulations!! What is the date IRCC officially granted you permanent residency? is it the date of the interview or when the officer signed your CoRP?

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Quick question,
once you have signed and sent back the COPR, how long does it take them to sign it from their end and send it out way?

My COPR should get to them today hopefully, but I think due to Christmas and New year's, they'll probably be sending it back next year?

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Quick question,
once you have signed and sent back the COPR, how long does it take them to sign it from their end and send it out way?

My COPR should get to them today hopefully, but I think due to Christmas and New year's, they'll probably be sending it back next year?
I have the same question with you. mine was delivered yesterday but no action has happened yet. I was wondering we'd know by them sending us an email or updating our cic account? @Matt-NL called to the office to find out the tracking number, but if anybody has different experience, please share here :D
what I'm hoping is at least the officer signs before the christmas, I mean by today :D.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have the same question with you. mine was delivered yesterday but no action has happened yet. I was wondering we'd know by them sending us an email or updating our cic account? @Matt-NL called to the office to find out the tracking number, but if anybody has different experience, please share here :D
what I'm hoping is at least the officer signs before the christmas, I mean by today :D.
I also just realised I made a few mistakes on my COPR filling out.
It took my COPR a few days to arrive after my interview during which time I had gotten hazy on the instructions.
I wrote in blue ink and I filled in the date... :(

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
It took my COPR a few days to arrive after my interview during which time I had gotten hazy on the instructions.
I really hope that's just a tiny mistake!

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
I hope that doesn't affect it at all, they are small errors. Please keep us updated about it.

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
My COPR is saying delivered when I track on Canada Post. Like you guys I really hope it gets signed today before the long weekend! I'm also wondering if you get an update in your account or anything, just logged on to check mine and it's still the same (IP2).

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
My COPR is saying delivered when I track on Canada Post. Like you guys I really hope it gets signed today before the long weekend! I'm also wondering if you get an update in your account or anything, just logged on to check mine and it's still the same (IP2).
Same as you nothing has changed from IP2. To my knowledge, it changes when the officer actually signs our CoPR and updates. Either they sign it today or after the holiday, at least its delivered to them. Im trying to stay positive:)

Reactions: jayne20475

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Same as you nothing has changed from IP2. To my knowledge, it changes when the officer actually signs our CoPR and updates. Either they sign it today or after the holiday, at least its delivered to them. Im trying to stay positive:)
Exactly! You're right, at least our COPRs have been delivered safely to CIC now!

Reactions: BlueP

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
For those who finished the telephone landing and received back CoRPs signed by the immigration officer. Has your online status changed to approved already or is it still seating at IP2?

peteAnim

Dec 13, 2017
Hello! Thought I'd let you guys know about my Express Landing experience so far.
1st December received email inviting my partner and I for telephone express landing
1st December reply to email confirming telephone interview on the 13th December between 9:30 and 12:30 PST
6th December immigration office send out my copr
7th December call immigration who inform me my copr was sent yesterday (the 6th)
13th December receive call at 10:30 PST for interview but copr has not turned up yet, they inform us they can not proceed. Immigration officer informed us that this has been a common issue due to the holiday season. We had loads of questions for them and they tried to answer what they could, they were really helpful!

When our copr arrives, I think we're going to make an onsite appointment rather than telephone interview. So that we can avoid having to take more time off from work than is necessary. This process has been much quicker than we had anticipated which is great!
Just thought I'd update this. We ended up receiving our copr in the mail on the 20th, we live in Vancouver so looks like it took 2 weeks to arrive.
We just flagpolled at Point Roberts and just got our copr signed with no issues.

Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: jman25

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Just thought I'd update this. We ended up receiving our copr in the mail on the 20th, we live in Vancouver so looks like it took 2 weeks to arrive.
We just flagpolled at Point Roberts and just got our copr signed with no issues.

Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations and Merry Christmas! :)

Reactions: peteAnim

vab17

Dec 2, 2017
Did anyone who did Telephone Landing on DEC 13,14 and sent their CoPR to Montreal received it back yet?

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
So as told by IRCC agents my copr is not valid for flagpole. So they told me to follow the instructions in letter , which I did . Signed it and forwarded it to Montreal, they received by Wednesday . I called them and they said nothing has yet been updated. So hopefully I’ll be receiving soon although they said they might not send the signed copr.