+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

tkbay

Dec 15, 2017
Hi @BlueP . Congrants on the landing process. However, I've got a question for you. Did the officer tell you to change the postal code H3C 1B2 to H3C 18G ?? Because I was told to do so and the envelop with my CoRP and everything came back right in the mail. It was marked as "undeliverable". Could you please confirm? I did the telephone Express landing on Dec 14th and was asked to mail CoRPS to 1025, St-Jacques West, Montreal QC H3C 1B2 (originally).
Yes you’re right.. that’s the address exactly what they told me to do.. though mine was delivered on Monday 18th of December

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi @BlueP . Congrants on the landing process. However, I've got a question for you. Did the officer tell you to change the postal code H3C 1B2 to H3C 18G ?? Because I was told to do so and the envelop with my CoRP and everything came back right in the mail. It was marked as "undeliverable". Could you please confirm? I did the telephone Express landing on Dec 14th and was asked to mail CoRPS to 1025, St-Jacques West, Montreal QC H3C 1B2 (originally).
Thanks! But whattttt? You mean yours was returned??? that was the postal code she told me to change, "H3C 1G8" I even googled it before sending it. OMGGGGGG

Last edited:

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Thanks a lot to all people of this particular topic! I appreciate all assistance, support and help provided by forum-members! Many thanks to everybody guys! I wish you guys all my best wishes and good luck. I hope everyone experiences a smooth and easy landing.
As mentioned in previous entries of mine, our telephone landing interview was done and IRCC Winnipeg office signed our COPRs and sent them back. We haven't received them back, but the letter is on its way - I'm tracking it over Canada Post website which means I'm still waiting for our COPR documents. But it's not a big deal. Now we're all landed immigrants. I was also able to link all our PR card applications to my MyCIC account.

Best wishes, a Merry Christmas & happy holiday season & happy new year for everyone! :)

Reactions: jman25 and BlueP

MarianaB

Dec 15, 2017
Has anyone received their signed COPR back after their interview? Just wondering how long it takes to get back to you.
I got my COPR back and signed!!
After the telephone landing interview I sent both copies of COPR signed, they received them (in Calgary) on December 11th.
I got the COPR signed by them yesterday, December 20th. So excited!!

Hope this helps.

Reactions: BlueP and micsmile

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Thanks a lot to all people of this particular topic! I appreciate all assistance, support and help provided by forum-members! Many thanks to everybody guys! I wish you guys all my best wishes and good luck. I hope everyone experiences a smooth and easy landing.
As mentioned in previous entries of mine, our telephone landing interview was done and IRCC Winnipeg office signed our COPRs and sent them back. We haven't received them back, but the letter is on its way - I'm tracking it over Canada Post website which means I'm still waiting for our COPR documents. But it's not a big deal. Now we're all landed immigrants. I was also able to link all our PR card applications to my MyCIC account.

Best wishes, a Merry Christmas & happy holiday season & happy new year for
Congratulations! It has been a long journey but it was possible to get through with lots of help and support here! Best wishes to you, too:D
A quick question for you. How did you get your tracking number for returned CoPR?
I just had an interview yesterday and its on its way to Montreal by xpresspost(might take another day) but the officer on the phone couldnt guarantee whether they'd send mine back by regular mail or xpresspost(somebody else will handle mine).

Reactions: TempResident

micsmile

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I just noticed now that I received the PPR email few days ago. But I'm already done with my telephone landing interview and sent my signed CoPR documents with 2 photos and they received it last Dec 18. Kind of confused, if I just need to disregard this PPR email or NOT. Does anyone experienced the same as mine? I'll call CIC and ask them what I need to do with this PPR email - Ready for VISA.

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Thanks! But whattttt? You mean yours was returned??? that was the postal code she told me to change, "H3C 1G8" I even googled it before sending it. OMGGGGGG
This is VERY unfortunate for me. I changed the postal code to H3C 1G8 as per officer instructions. However, it came back in the mail yesterday night as "invalid postal code". I was SHOCKED when saw the envelope in the mailbox. I ran to my computer and checked the postal code and it is effectively a postal code from Montreal so I do not understand why Canada Post didn't deliver it. Worth mentioning there was no typo whatsoever of the address I wrote down on the envelope.

Today, Dec 21, I called IRCC for further instructions and the agent told me the postal code H3C 1G8 IS CORRECT and where Express Landing documents should arrive. She suggested me to contact MTL.Express@ and ask for further instructions. So in the light of my desire to finish this process for good, I mailed back the CoRPs to the original address today. Hopefully, it gets delivered.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Congratulations! It has been a long journey but it was possible to get through with lots of help and support here! Best wishes to you, too:D
A quick question for you. How did you get your tracking number for returned CoPR?
I just had an interview yesterday and its on its way to Montreal by xpresspost(might take another day) but the officer on the phone couldnt guarantee whether they'd send mine back by regular mail or xpresspost(somebody else will handle mine).
Mine was sent back as regular letter. I called the local IRCC office (in Winnipeg) and asked the tracking number. They sent me an email and provided the tracking number next day. Since 14 December I have been waiting for the letter - regular mail is so slow, especially due to Christmas time! But it is on its way, and this is the main thing!
I recommend you to call your IRCC local office with whom you had your interview. Hopefully they'll help you. Good luck! :)

Reactions: BlueP

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
This is VERY unfortunate for me. I changed the postal code to H3C 1G8 as per officer instructions. However, it came back in the mail yesterday night as "invalid postal code". I was SHOCKED when saw the envelope in the mailbox. I ran to my computer and checked the postal code and it is effectively a postal code from Montreal so I do not understand why Canada Post didn't deliver it. Worth mentioning there was no typo whatsoever of the address I wrote down on the envelope.

Today, Dec 21, I called IRCC for further instructions and the agent told me the postal code H3C 1G8 IS CORRECT and where Express Landing documents should arrive. She suggested me to contact MTL.Express@ and ask for further instructions. So in the light of my desire to finish this process for good, I mailed back the CoRPs to the original address today. Hopefully, it gets delivered.
WOW! this telephone landing never stops surprising us. hopefully it gets delivered this time!

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Mine was sent back as regular letter. I called the local IRCC office (in Winnipeg) and asked the tracking number. They sent me an email and provided the tracking number next day. Since 14 December I have been waiting for the letter - regular mail is so slow, especially due to Christmas time! But it is on its way, and this is the main thing!
I recommend you to call your IRCC local office with whom you had your interview. Hopefully they'll help you. Good luck! :)
Thanks for sharing your experience! I will certainly do that! It's very interesting that your regular mail has tracking number. My CoPR was sent originally from Montreal by regular mail so they said there was no tracking numbers provided.
I don't know about they are going to keep this telephone landing as a new normal landing process, but if they do, I really hope they set up the system by using xpresspost as the same way with the regular process. not just because of saving time but it is a very important document and it should be sent by trackable delivery service.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Thanks for sharing your experience! I will certainly do that! It's very interesting that your regular mail has tracking number. My CoPR was sent originally from Montreal by regular mail so they said there was no tracking numbers provided.
I don't know about they are going to keep this telephone landing as a new normal landing process, but if they do, I really hope they set up the system by using xpresspost as the same way with the regular process. not just because of saving time but it is a very important document and it should be sent by trackable delivery service.
The technical category of the letter they sent me is REGULAR PARCEL. It is very slow, but has a 16 digit tracking number (like Xpress one). Delivery between Canadian provinces (national) takes up to 9 days (weekend and holidays not included). Good thing is that it is as safe as the Xpress. The only disadvantage is slowness. I hope this helps you and others. Good luck.

Reactions: TempResident

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Hi Guys,

I received my CoPR and had my telephonic interview done too. During the interview the officer asked me my last entry and original entry dates, which I told her exactly. But, these dates aren't mentioned in my CoPR and they are blank.

Am I suppose to fill them now before returning?

The officer only told to fill in the crime/convicted/refused clause and sign next to it. Not sure if I should mention that. Anybody faced similar issue? Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, mine was the same.

I got asked in my call but when my COPR arrived they were blank. I have been unable to reach CIC via phone so I filled in last entry at, last entry date and first entry date then initialed next to it. I do not know if I was meant to do that. I sent my COPR back to them yesterday (due to arrive at CIC on 27th Dec according to Canada Post tracking).

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
The technical category of the letter they sent me is REGULAR PARCEL. It is very slow, but has a 16 digit tracking number (like Xpress one). Delivery between Canadian provinces (national) takes up to 9 days (weekend and holidays not included). Good thing is that it is as safe as the Xpress. The only disadvantage is slowness. I hope this helps you and others. Good luck.
Oh, I didnt know anout regular parcel. Great to know:)

Reactions: Matt-NL

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
I have officially 'landed' as a PR! :)

I did this in person at the visa office. Here's a recap of my experience, if it helps anyone:
  • Received email invite to do telephone landing, which I accepted.
  • I could not do the telephone landing because on the day, the agent called an hour later than the agreed time slot.
  • I called CIC, who arranged a visa office landing instead. This appointment was made the same day, for a week later.
  • I had that appointment this morning, where my COPR was signed and I was made officially a PR!
  • I already used the signed COPR to get new SIN. The PR card takes 2-3 months.
It's real! Good luck to everyone else on their journey to PR. Next stop... citizenship in a couple of years ;)