+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got accepted at Humber College but....

Iceguard

Mar 3, 2017
Hey guys my name is Diego, I am 34 yo, I have 2 kids and am planning to move to Canada as I was accepted into Humber College in their Animation-3D program, but I have my doubts.
First of, I have never heard of Humber before but they got the program I am looking for so I did include them into my " colleges to apply in Canada list ", also Sheridan and Seneca are already closed for this fall and are way more expensive than Humber. I could still try Max The Mutt!

The thing is that I have read some really scary stuff about the 3d industry in Canada and I am about to back down, stuff like 3d artist has to "live of almost survival wages", Industry is flooded with 3d artists because any schools are giving some kind of Animation diplomas. And that most of the studios accept freelancers from abroad with much more experience. Also the school isnt that cheap ether but I have only read bad things about the college, not the program specifically though.

So my questions are, Is Humber college any good? and why is it not listed in any ranking of top colleges in Ontario?
Are there animators in Ontario that make a living out of the industry?

Thanks in advance!