+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got a reply from VO about our application and surprise (Pre Arrival) is not always guaranteed visa

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
This refers to your common-law partner’s application for permanent residence in Canada.

On behalf of the Government of Canada, the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) encourages applicants to access FREE pre-arrival services offered by third-party service providers funded by IRCC. The applicants becomes eligible to participate in these orientation seminars when they are completing the application process for a Canadian immigration visa, usually at the stage where they have been requested to undergo their medical examinations. Applicants may get services from as many different service providers as they need or are allowed to at this point in their application. Therefore, at this time, applicants may get services from those that will not require their Passport Request Letter and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) as these documents have not been issued yet.

Please be aware that being eligible for, or actually participating in an orientation session, is not a guarantee or an indicator that an applicant’s immigration application will ultimately be successful or that they will receive an immigrant visa.

Please be advised that while applications are reviewed in order of date received, each case is assessed individually and therefore may not be processed simultaneously.

PA's application is going through the required assessment process. We confirm that we do not require additional documents/information from the applicant at this time. We regret that we are unable to provide exact information regarding the expected completion date of this process, however, be assured that we will inform you of the next steps as soon as appropriate.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding while you wait to hear more from our office.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Unit - Unité de résident permanent

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Yea you gotta pass background checks along with medical and all. Eligibility is the main portion of the application provided you are not a criminal or issues with medical.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Yea you gotta pass background checks along with medical and all. Eligibility is the main portion of the application provided you are not a criminal or issues with medical.
She already passed medical long time ago. and her criminal record is clean according to NBI.

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I meant in general not specific to your case. They are still doing background checks... whatever that means you gotta pass to get your PPR.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
I meant in general not specific to your case. They are still doing background checks... whatever that means you gotta pass to get your PPR.
Yepp, background takes the longest but I think if you get pre arrival, you are 99% sure to get PPR if your background is clean.

Reactions: dayanaraquin18