+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got a PRTD after being 13 years outaide canada, what’s next ?

xMadMaxx

Feb 17, 2016
Saudi Arabia
LANDED..........
28-04-2007
the timing for PRTD varies from country to country and from case to case. I applied for PRTD being married to a Canadian and got it in 2 weeks multiple till end the of my passport date.

Reactions: Mohdallababidi

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Me and my family migrated to canada in (March-2004) from dubai, united arab emirates.

After 2 years and few months we came back to Dubai and had to stay for a financial reasones, i was 16 years old in that time.(September-2006).

After i graduated from the university and worked for 4 years in dubai, I planned to resattel in canada again, so i applied for a PRTD under the H&C Grounds without meeting the RO, based on my old documents (CoPR - Record of landing) (December- 2017)

I got a call from Visa application center (place where i applied for a PRTD) telling me to bring my renewed passport, after 1 week they called me to collect my passport with the PR VISA RC-1 categorie type with multiple entries and 1 year validity. (June-2018).

I booked a flying ticket to canada in 14th of July to toronto.

Question 1:
How can i renew my PR Card when i reach canada?
I have a PR Visa, but am not meeting the RO.
So i can’t fill the application of renewing PR card.

Question 2:
Is there will be any problems with me when i reach toronto pearson airport at (POE) ?
Please tell how much time it take to process?

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I too
I am just saying that your situation is incredibly rare. Others have been rejected in their early 20s. Who knows why you were approved bu other minors wishing to return should do so at 18 and not 26 when they are likely to be rejected.
i too is 18 years old and i applied for PRTD almost two months ago .i am worried that how long it take to process because i have to start my studies .nd for this i scored 7band in IELTS but now PRTD is taking to long to process and i also not able to Apply for student visa.

Mohdallababidi

Jun 8, 2018
Canada
I too

i too is 18 years old and i applied for PRTD almost two months ago .i am worried that how long it take to process because i have to start my studies .nd for this i scored 7band in IELTS but now PRTD is taking to long to process and i also not able to Apply for student visa.
Sorry but I didn’t understand your situation
Can you give me more details ?

Mine took around 6 months

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Sorry but I didn’t understand your situation
Can you give me more details ?

Mine took around 6 months
When i was 5years old i went to canada with my family on PR bases.but my parents then left me to india back after 5 or 6 months then i again went to canada in 2007 and stayed there for 4 to 5 months then my parents decided to return to india permanently due to some family problems and i have had to accompany them because i was too young to stay alone in canada at that time.my younger sister is canadian citizen by birth.my PR card expired in 2012 .but now i want to set my future in canada and study there as well .for this i also sxored 7 band in IELTS exam .then somebody advise us to apply PRTD as i was removed as minor from canada by my parents.i applied for PRTD on 10oct 2018 i was 17 years old at that time but now i turned 18 in december .i am waiting for PRTD approval because i want to start my study as soon as possible in canada.also my younger sister who is canadian citizen will accompany me to canada.will i get approval ?is there any chances ?approximately how much time it take to process?is my case strong?
Thankyou

Last edited:

Mohdallababidi

Jun 8, 2018
Canada
Minor affected by parents decision this is the same as my case.

You can check your application online using the GCKey on cic website

If thats the case you will get the approval
Just a matter or time

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Minor affected by parents decision this is the same as my case.

You can check your application online using the GCKey on cic website

If thats the case you will get the approval
Just a matter or time
Thanks very much.what is GCkey ?i don't have any info of that?

Last edited: