+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got a Passport Request but what now?? have some questions need help..

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
So i got a new message that the decision has been made on my application and requires passport to finalize the application

but i have questions

"With your passport(s), make sure you include:"
"◾The passport request letter you received from CIC"
"◾Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees"
"◾Full contact information, including a phone number and your full return address"

And i just live near New York Consulate on Madison Ave

so my question is will i need to get money order and send it to Lockbox(Philadelphia, PA) if im gonna give my passport in person? or possible pick up my passport in person?
or can i pay directly in there via Credit card(visa) in the consulate since im going there in person?

my 2nd question is what kind of full contact information should i provide them? should i just write a contact information in a separate sheet of paper?

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi,

If you are going in person then the website says you can make the payments, if any are applicable to you, there using your debit/credit card:

"Methods of Payment

In person- Applicants can pay by Credit card, Debit Card, Postal order, Demand draft, Bankers draft, Cash. All payment should be made in GBP only.
..."

Regarding contact details, the vfs website says:

"How to submit your passport:

Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport and that request letter:

In person/ through an authorised representative at the CVAC
Or,

If you are posting your passport and approval letter, Please submit cover letter with your contact details (email and working phone number) to the CVAC address mentioned on the ‘Contact Us’ page.
To retrieve your passport, you have the choice of;

Picking up the passport in person at the CVAC or;
Requesting return of passport by courier or;
Sending a prepaid self-addressed courier return envelope along with your passport and request letter..."

Therefore I don't think you need to submit any contact details.

However if I were you I would write a cover letter anyway (mentioning your UCI and application numbers, name, email, mobile number and postal address). This is so that if they ask for it, you do not have to go through any trouble there.

Good luck and congratulations! :)