+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got a letter saying it differs from what they have on file

Sigaxi

Jan 18, 2024
Good day (my name),

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from what we have on file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by including the following information in a letter of explanation and uploading it in the IRCC Web form:

Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
Country of birth,
Type of application,
Current address,
Telephone number(s),
Email address, and
All documents submitted with your previous request.
We will gladly reply to your enquiry following the reception of the above information.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

What are they asking me for and what should I do?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What are they asking me for and what should I do?
What did you apply for? What have you applied for before with IRCC? Did you prepare and submit all applications and docs yourself?

Short form: resubmit everything via webform. Go through your original application VERY CAREFULLY looking for any discrepancies.

If you've applied for any IRCC application before, you should also check wehther info submitted on those previous apps was any different.

Sigaxi

Jan 18, 2024
I'm applying for common law and I'm being sponsored by my partner and I had to submit IMM5669E and IMM1409 I think which is a government job form.

So do I have to go over those and resubmit them?

Sigaxi

Jan 18, 2024
What did you apply for? What have you applied for before with IRCC? Did you prepare and submit all applications and docs yourself?

Short form: resubmit everything via webform. Go through your original application VERY CAREFULLY looking for any discrepancies.

If you've applied for any IRCC application before, you should also check wehther info submitted on those previous apps was any different.
I forgot to reply, but I replied above this