+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i don't want to sponsor my wife yet

dl923

Aug 7, 2019
hey, I recently get passport request for my on going PR file and i did submitted my passport on same day but after that some one suggested me that i should to let IRCC know that i am married. so after submitting my passport through a web form i also informed that i am married, but my concern is i don't wanted to sponsor my wife yet. i wanted to secure my PR first.

In such case what could happen ?? did they going to anything with my passport or they gonna stamp and send me back right away ?? please let me know it's urgent

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hey, I recently get passport request for my on going PR file and i did submitted my passport on same day but after that some one suggested me that i should to let IRCC know that i am married. so after submitting my passport through a web form i also informed that i am married, but my concern is i don't wanted to sponsor my wife yet. i wanted to secure my PR first.

In such case what could happen ?? did they going to anything with my passport or they gonna stamp and send me back right away ?? please let me know it's urgent
It's mandatory that you inform IRCC you are now married whether you want to sponsor her for PR now or not.

No - IRCC will not stamp your visa and return it to you immediately. You will need to add your wife to the application first (including all forms, medical, PCCs). IRCC will then review your wife's details before they will be able to issue the PR visa to you. Expect a delay of a few months while this review happens.

You should submit the paperwork to add her to your application asap to avoid further delays.

dl923

Aug 7, 2019
It's mandatory that you inform IRCC you are now married whether you want to sponsor her for PR now or not.

No - IRCC will not stamp your visa and return it to you immediately. You will need to add your wife to the application first (including all forms, medical, PCCs). IRCC will then review your wife's details before they will be able to issue the PR visa to you. Expect a delay of a few months while this review happens.

You should submit the paperwork to add her to your application asap to avoid further delays.
thanks for your help