+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I don't need ARC to return but I need to pay back Canadian gov. but how?

Jun 8, 2012
I got deported in 2007. Had an Exclusion Order for one year. The rules state I can return and don't need an ARC as it states on the website and be examinated at the port of entry. I wanted to go to Toronto for 5 to 7 days. This coming month or next month. But the thing is. Canadian gov paid for my deportation and I wanted to pay them back before I go there so they can let me in for the week. How can I find out how to pay for it? I called up the Embassy in Paris no help, they said to email them but all I get is this link. cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

Exclusion Order (form number IMM 1214B)

a) If you were issued an Exclusion Order and

12 months have passed since you left Canada and
you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada
you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.

b) If you wish to return to Canada less than 12 months after the Exclusion Order was issued, or do not have a Certificate of Departure, you need to apply for an ARC.

So yeah kinda no idea what to do really.

Thanks, Jean.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to apply for an ARC.

You need an ARC because you were deported. See the same page you quoted:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

"If you have been the subject of a Deportation Order you will need to apply for an ARC."

If you ONLY had an Exclusion Order - then you wouldn't need an ARC. However you were BOTH given an exlclusion order AND deported so you need the ARC.

Reactions: nirjhoroliver
Jun 8, 2012
scylla said:
You have to apply for an ARC.

You need an ARC because you were deported. See the same page you quoted:

"If you have been the subject of a Deportation Order you will need to apply for an ARC."

If you ONLY had an Exclusion Order - then you wouldn't need an ARC. However you were BOTH given an exlclusion order AND deported so you need the ARC.
I was only given the IMM 0056B order. But it shows 3 types of deportations.

I don't know why the Canadian Embassy said I could return then. But how about the paying the gov back then?

Jun 8, 2012
you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.

What about that part? I think thats for Deportation Order (form number IMM 5238B) only no? I only got the other sheet only.