+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I don't have my passport for the citizenship

Pooya2016

Nov 14, 2016
Hi guys,

I have my citizenship test coming up in one week. However, I currently don't hold my passport (I have sent it out for a visa application). Can I appear on test day with a photocopy of my passport? The good thing is that I've got my passport after applying for citizenship, and I can still bring my old passport (included in original application) with me. What do you think I should do? I'm afraid if I email them to ask, they will postpone my test date again.

Regards,

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi guys,

I have my citizenship test coming up in one week. However, I currently don't hold my passport (I have sent it out for a visa application). Can I appear on test day with a photocopy of my passport? The good thing is that I've got my passport after applying for citizenship, and I can still bring my old passport (included in original application) with me. What do you think I should do? I'm afraid if I email them to ask, they will postpone my test date again.

Regards,
Go, take the test, and then explain it during the interview. At least, that's what I would do. Then even if they ask you to send it to them later, at least your test is completed. I'm sure others will chime in...