+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I don't have any NOC O, A or B level Job in Ontario. What should i do?

Siddharth1

Oct 16, 2019
Hi, I got my 3 years work permit on April 15, 2019 after completing 2 years of study in January 2019. I continued my part time work and started looking for IT jobs full time. Today I completed 6 months on my work permit.
I don't have foreign experience and in Canada I still don't have any NOC O, A or B level job.
I want to ask do I still have time to get a job and get 1 year experience to get enough points for PR or should I change province or any other option.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should always be applying for jobs across Canada when trying to get your first good job. Most Canadian graduates do.

Siddharth1

Oct 16, 2019
I got new Software Developer Job in January 2020 and on April 2nd, 2020 my employment ended because of covid19 crisis and investors leaving them the company decided to let me go. I am going to apply for CERB but I want to know how will this months impact in my journey to get P.R in Canada. My one year will be complete on work permit this April 15th. I only have 3 months of experience yet and I lost job due to this crisis.
Right now, Job market is also not that active. I want to know what should I do next.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got new Software Developer Job in January 2020 and on April 2nd, 2020 my employment ended because of covid19 crisis and investors leaving them the company decided to let me go. I am going to apply for CERB but I want to know how will this months impact in my journey to get P.R in Canada. My one year will be complete on work permit this April 15th. I only have 3 months of experience yet and I lost job due to this crisis.
Right now, Job market is also not that active. I want to know what should I do next.
You'll need to wait until the job market recovers and find an new NOC A, B or 0 job. Right now you don't have enough work experience to apply for PR.

Any month you are not working cannot be counted as work experience towards PR. So if you have three months so far, you will need to gain another 9 months of skilled work experience.

Based on your original post, you still have two years left on your work permit. So hopefully that will give you plenty of time.

Siddharth1

Oct 16, 2019
You'll need to wait until the job market recovers and find an new NOC A, B or 0 job. Right now you don't have enough work experience to apply for PR.

Any month you are not working cannot be counted as work experience towards PR. So if you have three months so far, you will need to gain another 9 months of skilled work experience.

Based on your original post, you still have two years left on your work permit. So hopefully that will give you plenty of time.
I will try to gain more experience.
Thank You scylla for your reply.

Neha5432

Feb 9, 2022
Hi Sidharth... I am in the same situation as you were.... i got a nic b job but was laid off after 3 months and cannot find anything else, please let me know how did you find something... please help