+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I didn't get my initial PR card

Geekko

Apr 19, 2018
Hi,

I got my PR approved under Canadian experience class on January 18, 2022. I applied for my initial PR card through PR portal. Still my photograph and the Canadian address is under review with IRCC. Now its being more than four months. I tried to contact ircc via phone or using the web form but, I was not able to. My father is in poor health condition and I want to travel to my home country(Sri Lanka) to support him and the family. Is there anyway I can let ircc know this situation?. Is it fine if I sent this form to the ircc.

Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Never-Received Permanent Resident Card

your kind advice is truly appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I got my PR approved under Canadian experience class on January 18, 2022. I applied for my initial PR card through PR portal. Still my photograph and the Canadian address is under review with IRCC. Now its being more than four months. I tried to contact ircc via phone or using the web form but, I was not able to. My father is in poor health condition and I want to travel to my home country(Sri Lanka) to support him and the family. Is there anyway I can let ircc know this situation?. Is it fine if I sent this form to the ircc.

Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Never-Received Permanent Resident Card

your kind advice is truly appreciated
Your PR card is still under process. So no, you should not complete this form. You should only complete this form if you lost your PR card or if your PR card was mailed to you and was lost in the mail. None of this has happened to you.

You can travel outside of Canada without your PR card. Once you are in Sri Lanka, you will need to apply for a PR Travel Document in order to return to Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

Reactions: Geekko

Geekko

Apr 19, 2018
Your PR card is still under process. So no, you should not complete this form. You should only complete this form if you lost your PR card or if your PR card was mailed to you and was lost in the mail. None of this has happened to you.

You can travel outside of Canada without your PR card. Once you are in Sri Lanka, you will need to apply for a PR Travel Document in order to return to Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html
Thank you so much

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022
@syclla I have been waiting for 7 months now. My husband & son got their initial cards in 1 month. My details don’t show up at the pr portal so I am not able to link the copr or the ID. Submitted solemn declaration form 2 weeks ago and still no response. No response to the Webforms neither my calls. Do you have any idea how much longer will I have to wait roughly.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
@syclla I have been waiting for 7 months now. My husband & son got their initial cards in 1 month. My details don’t show up at the pr portal so I am not able to link the copr or the ID. Submitted solemn declaration form 2 weeks ago and still no response. No response to the Webforms neither my calls. Do you have any idea how much longer will I have to wait roughly.
Hi did you get your card?