+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I did not submit bank letter. What should I do?

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Hello,
I got my ITA in June and I submitted my application documents in July.
However, I only submitted online bank statements as proof of funds and did not submit any letter or stamped statements.
I am based out of UAE at the moment, and obtaining such letters is a hassle. What should I do now?
Also, I have funds in my Indian account, and I managed to obtain the bank letter as well. Will that be of any help? And if yes, how can I now submit them to CIC?

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the response kansha.
I would do that, in the meantime what are the possible scenarios and what would my options be if there has been an issue? I have talked to a few people and everyone says it is important to submit the bank letter. Also, is it advisable to just upload any of these documents at the moment through the CSE?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you so much for the response kansha.
I would do that, in the meantime what are the possible scenarios and what would my options be if there has been an issue? I have talked to a few people and everyone says it is important to submit the bank letter. Also, is it advisable to just upload any of these documents at the moment through the CSE?
Many people also just provide the bank statements and have received PRs. My suggestion would be to wait for gcms notes. In case your existing documentation was accepted there is no need to provide additional documentation and confuse the analyst. So order gcms notes and then take action.

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Oh, thats a relief. I will order the GCMS and once I receive the notes I will get back to you here.
Thank you very much for this, I was really stressed about what I should do.

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Hello,
I have recieved the GCMS notes. How shall I check the status of the proof of funds. What I could see and understand the relevance is this:
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears to meet approx. CAD $24336 - CAD $24336 as per Vijaya Bank statement at 15MAY2018; Family of 1 requires CAD $ 12 475 NOTE: OFFICER PLEASE REVIEW BANKING DOCUMENT.

What shall be the further steps. Please advice.
Anything else I need to look for?

Sherlok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hello,
I have recieved the GCMS notes. How shall I check the status of the proof of funds. What I could see and understand the relevance is this:
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears to meet approx. CAD $24336 - CAD $24336 as per Vijaya Bank statement at 15MAY2018; Family of 1 requires CAD $ 12 475 NOTE: OFFICER PLEASE REVIEW BANKING DOCUMENT.

If you have the bank letter ready, then raise a CSE and upload the letter. Your case is pending Visa officer review who may or may not require additional documents from you. You can proactively send the letter since you have information about your case.

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Do I also need to write a letter of explaination or no? The thing is I submitted my application in July, and its been nearly 5 months.
What do you suggest?

Sherlok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Do I also need to write a letter of explaination or no? The thing is I submitted my application in July, and its been nearly 5 months.
What do you suggest?
You can mention it in your CSE webform about your letter. Additional LOE is not needed.

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
What shall I mention? That I forgot to send it before, or shall I write an excuse something like the manager was not available, or just that submitting the letter from the bank?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello,

Send a bank letter and updated bank statement. In your LOE just state that you forgot to include the bank letter initially and you're now sending it after seeing the comments in your GCMS notes.