+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I deferred my admission once. Should I mention it in my SOP?

bp8492

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
I was initially admitted to Master of Applied Computer Science program at Concordia University for the Winter 2019 semester but I requested a deferral to later semester due to heavy workload, which eventually set me for Fall 2019 semester.
Should I explain this in my SOP / letter of explanation and include my previous admission letter before deferral?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: dibakor

bp8492

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Did you apply for visa before with first admission? If not there should be no need.
No, I didn't apply for study permit before that.
But here's the thing:
I requested the admission committee to defer me to the next term and so I was initially set for Summer 2019 entrance. After that, I applied for CAQ and received it a month later. But, in the following week I got letter from Concordia University and they said that there wouldn't be Summer 2019 term for Master of Applied Computer Science and they offered me for another deferral, which I accepted and thus I was deferred to Fall 2019. Months after that, I reapplied for CAQ and received it in the following month. But no, I didn't apply for study permit.
So, do I still need to mention it for this case?

Last edited:

Patel Keyur

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
No, I didn't apply for study permit before that.
But here's the thing:
I requested the admission committee to defer me to the next term and so I was initially set for Summer 2019 entrance. After that, I applied for CAQ and received it a month later. But, in the following week I got letter from Concordia University and they said that there wouldn't be Summer 2019 and they offered me for another deferral, which I accepted and thus I was deferred to Fall 2019. Months after that, I reapplied for CAQ and received it in the following month. But no, I didn't apply for study permit.
So, do I still need to mention it for this case?
Why concordia university defer your admission to another intake, is there any particular reason???