+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I declared I used marijuana in the year 2012

Kiko27

Apr 10, 2022
I declared that I used marijuana in the year 2012 it is my first time and last. And one of the physician said I need to undergo a psychiatrist test.
What will happen to my application for my student permit?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I declared that I used marijuana in the year 2012 it is my first time and last. And one of the physician said I need to undergo a psychiatrist test.
Why was it necessary for you to mention a once-off use of weed 10 years ago??? Furtherance test will delay your application, but if they find you to be of sound mind, it will not affect your study permit application.

Reactions: SasaBasi

Kiko27

Apr 10, 2022
Why was it necessary for you to mention a once-off use of weed 10 years ago??? Furtherance test will delay your application, but if they find you to be of sound mind, it will not affect your study permit application.
I cannot sleep well regarding with that. I do not have idea that will affect my application. I am just honest regarding to that experience :(

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I cannot sleep well regarding with that. I do not have idea that will affect my application. I am just honest regarding to that experience :(
Your use of weed is not a ground for medical inadmissibility. Doesn't even make sense that you would be sent for a psych eval based on this old incident. Have you done the test you were referred to do?

Kiko27

Apr 10, 2022
Your use of weed is not a ground for medical inadmissibility. Doesn't even make sense that you would be sent for a psych eval based on this old incident. Have you done the test you were referred to do?
Not yet I am still waiting for the result from the IRCC.my medical exam happened last april 6 But the physicians stated the canadian embassy will make a decision after 10 working days. If I am going for pysch evaluation

NightShade93

Mar 17, 2022
Weed is legalized in Canada, right? So will it be a problem? Or was it illegal in your home country?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
They probably need to run some blood tests to look for traces of any drugs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not yet I am still waiting for the result from the IRCC.my medical exam happened last april 6 But the physicians stated the canadian embassy will make a decision after 10 working days. If I am going for pysch evaluation
This sounds like a cash grab by your physician. You don’t need a psych evaluation for previous weed use. Would not go to the psych appointment.

Kiko27

Apr 10, 2022
This sounds like a cash grab by your physician. You don’t need a psych evaluation for previous weed use. Would not go to the psych appointment.
You’re right my consultant mention that also. Because it is business. I have no choice if that’s the decision.
It is red flag for my application am I right?

Yiceorenil

Jul 8, 2021
The key is to approach the psychiatrist test with an open and honest mindset, explaining any changes or progress you've made since 2012.

raccoonboy

Mar 25, 2024
There's only two things that a psychiatrist is going to be worried about here: if you've shown a pattern of losing control over your weed intake, or if you've got other mental health conditions that are adversely affected by your weed use. From what you've described, neither of those is the case. It's not fair that they're asking you to go in for more screening, but just go for it and tell them what you've told us and I'm pretty confident it shouldn't be an issue. Good luck!