+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I can't get a POLICE CHECK from China! What do I do??

elladuffy

Sep 1, 2016
One of the requirements is a police check from China (I lived there for 1.5 years) but I never registered myself to any police stations and I was just on a business visa so I didn't need to. I left China just last month.
I've been given the steps to get one...

'If you live outside of China'
Different cities have different ways to apply and you should ask your local office how to apply. Most places in China will allow a representative to apply for a police certificate on your behalf. To nominate a representative, you must give the person a signed notarized authorisation letter (available at the office where you apply). When your representative applies on your behalf, he or she must bring:

His or her national ID card
A signed notarised authorisation letter from you
His/her original Permanent Residence Registration (Hukou) bookletFootnote **[/b][/b][/b][/u][/u][/size]
All of the documents that your local police station (in China) or embassy tells you are needed when you apply""

I don't have anyone who can do this for me. I spent most of my time traveling/changing jobs and cities so I'm not in a close friendship with anyone who is capable of doing this for me.

Any advice? I'm so worried about this. THANKS :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can correct me but based on other recent posts here where people have issues getting police checks from specific countries they have attached a letter of explanation with the reasons why they are not able to. If you draft your letter around the reasons in your post such as you have no access to a representative to apply on your behalf and so on. As said hopefully someone else will confirm this approach although it does say on the CIC site this can be acceptable approach where difficulties exist and for sure probably not unique for China.

lieob2

Aug 30, 2016
There are a lot of agent can help Chinese to get police check from China. I assume that they can do it for foreigners also. You might search on line. If you want I could recommend one to you also.

elladuffy said:
One of the requirements is a police check from China (I lived there for 1.5 years) but I never registered myself to any police stations and I was just on a business visa so I didn't need to. I left China just last month.

Different cities have different ways to apply and you should ask your local office how to apply. Most places in China will allow a representative to apply for a police certificate on your behalf. To nominate a representative, you must give the person a signed notarized authorisation letter (available at the office where you apply). When your representative applies on your behalf, he or she must bring:

His/her original Permanent Residence Registration (Hukou) bookletFootnote **[/b][/b][/b][/u][/u][/size]
All of the documents that your local police station (in China) or embassy tells you are needed when you apply""

I don't have anyone who can do this for me. I spent most of my time traveling/changing jobs and cities so I'm not in a close friendship with anyone who is capable of doing this for me.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
lieob2 said:
There are a lot of agent can help Chinese to get police check from China. I assume that they can do it for foreigners also. You might search on line. If you want I could recommend one to you also.
I think the OP's man problem isn't necessarily finding a representative in the PRC to make the application on her behalf. I think it may be more that as he/she didn't register with the local police station (which I think is still required of foreigners spending a certain period of time in PRC) they won't have any official record of them except immigration.

Pose

Jul 18, 2018

Hello Elladuffy,

Did you submit any police clearance for your stay in china. I am in the same situation. I was in china with my husband for 1.5 years, registered with local police station. But i dont have any documents related to the same as i lost one of those files while i was shifting home. Wondering how did you get past this situation?