+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I cannot fulfill 730 days in 5 years stay requirement in Canada, What I should do?

Elkhan

Jan 28, 2017
HI dears,
I am Permanent resident of Canada. I am in Regina Saskatchewan and has stayed in Canada 680 days within 5 years. What I should do to prolong my PR? My PR card (I hent got any letter or decision about my permanent residency from IRCC) is expired.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Wow, after a long and tedious process of getting PR in Canada you end up losing it because you decided not to live in Canada. That literally doesn't make sense! But that's what you did. Unless you have clear and tragic reasons why you didn't meet the residency requirement like: medically incapacitated in another country for several months/years, or somehow trapped in another country due to political violence (war) and travel restrictions (COVID-19). If you were imprisoned in another country for years that's a bad thing, and could make you inedible for renewal. So, If your reasons don't rise to this level your residency should not be renewed.

Reactions: foodie69

Elkhan

Jan 28, 2017
Wow, after a long and tedious process of getting PR in Canada you end up losing it because you decided not to live in Canada. That literally doesn't make sense! But that's what you did. Unless you have clear and tragic reasons why you didn't meet the residency requirement like: medically incapacitated in another country for several months/years, or somehow trapped in another country due to political violence (war) and travel restrictions (COVID-19). If you were imprisoned in another country for years that's a bad thing, and could make you inedible for renewal. So, If your reasons don't rise to this level your residency should not be renewed.
I have reason that I have got problem on my eyes and doctors followed the process on my eyes. I could not come to Canada because the medical queues is very long in Candan, bur my eyes needed monthly following.

May lawyers solve the issue?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have reason that I have got problem on my eyes and doctors followed the process on my eyes. I could not come to Canada because the medical queues is very long in Candan, bur my eyes needed monthly following.

This does not sound like a strong argument for not having met the residency requirement. Is your PR card still valid? Are you in Canada or outside of Canada right now?

Elkhan

Jan 28, 2017
This does not sound like a strong argument for not having met the residency requirement. Is your PR card still valid? Are you in Canada or outside of Canada right now?
Yes my PR card still valid. I am out of Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes my PR card still valid. I am out of Canada
So then your path forward is to return to Canada as soon as you can and then remain in Canada until you meet the residency requirement.

Elkhan

Jan 28, 2017
So then your path forward is to return to Canada as soon as you can and then remain in Canada until you meet the residency requirement.
I hesitate that, in the border Border officer will ask me question "Why I was out of Canada?" and will report to IRCC to revoke PR status. May it happen?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I hesitate that, in the border Border officer will ask me question "Why I was out of Canada?" and will report to IRCC to revoke PR status. May it happen?
Sure, there is some chance that will happen. But you have no alternative actions available. You cannot renew or extend your PR card from outside of Canada. You need to return to Canada if you want to retain PR. The sooner you do this the better and the lower the chance of being reported at the border.

Elkhan

Jan 28, 2017
Sure, there is some chance that will happen. But you have no alternative actions available. You cannot renew or extend your PR card from outside of Canada. You need to return to Canada if you want to retain PR. The sooner you do this the better and the lower the chance of being reported at the border.
OK dear, thanks so much form your replies.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015

We have very good eye doctors in Canada. I see mine on a regular basis, no problem

Reactions: Naturgrl and Elkhan

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Queues for eyes are not long in Canada, so not sure of your reasoning. Why…because most people pay out of pocket for visits or covered under private health plan. To get into an ophthalmologist is not that long either. So not sure your reasoning makes any sense. For my eye doctor, usually I can get an appointment within 2 weeks.

Reactions: Elkhan

Elkhan

Jan 28, 2017
Queues for eyes are not long in Canada, so not sure of your reasoning. Why…because most people pay out of pocket for visits or covered under private health plan. To get into an ophthalmologist is not that long either. So not sure your reasoning makes any sense. For my eye doctor, usually I can get an appointment within 2 weeks.
I have no job, that is why I have no private health plan. As I know Government healht insurance doesnt cover laser surgery on eyes. If somethink happens in my eyes I urgently need ( in an 24 hour) laser surgery. That is why I couldnt move to Canada. May IRCC accept it as reason?

Elkhan

Jan 28, 2017
I have no job, that is why I have no private health plan. As I know Government healht insurance doesnt cover laser surgery on eyes. If somethink happens in my eyes I urgently need ( in an 24 hour) laser surgery. That is why I couldnt move to Canada. May IRCC accept it as reason?
I needed surgeon to look at my eyes, not simple ophthalmologist.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think there's very little chance this would be accepted under H&C. As mentioned, I think you need to return to Canada as soon as possible and then remain in Canada until you meet RO.

Reactions: Elkhan