+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I cannot ask for a letter of recommendation from my current employer

Nov 18, 2020
I have received my ITA and I am in the process of submitting the application/documents. However, I cannot ask for a letter of recommendation from my current employer since I've just joined the organization and don't want to reveal that I would be moving to Canada soon.
As part of the employment record I can attach the offer letter and the pay stubs along with a self declaration on a stamp paper. Will this be ok? And what should I write in the letter of explanation.

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You need the employment letter to prove your job responsibilities so the visa officer can decide whether your job experience matches the NOC you claimed in your profile. If your offer letter has the details maybe it will work but there is risk. I recommend you to work out some ways to get the required document, it will be much safer.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
They should not ask why you need it for, employees request such letters for different purposes including loans, masters, Phds, taxation, Immigration etc

Just send them the request and make sure that you don't have to amend it several times meaning revise the requirement criteria carefully and then raise your request

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I have received my ITA and I am in the process of submitting the application/documents. However, I cannot ask for a letter of recommendation from my current employer since I've just joined the organization and don't want to reveal that I would be moving to Canada soon.
As part of the employment record I can attach the offer letter and the pay stubs along with a self declaration on a stamp paper. Will this be ok? And what should I write in the letter of explanation.
do you need it for points? you just joined so it doesn't seem to be adding much. if you have 3 years of experience without them then no need to get a letter

Reactions: amelia_23