+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I called IRCC from India

Labita

Dec 17, 2020
Hello everyone, there is an app called Textnow you can use that to call for US or Canada for free.
It is easy to use too
Anyone else got through using Textnow? Been trying for a couple hours and it keeps disconnecting/busy. Any other way to call (not hangouts)?

yvv

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2019
Nomination.....
August 2019
AOR Received.
02 10 2019
Med's Done....
22 10 2019
Anyone else got through using Textnow? Been trying for a couple hours and it keeps disconnecting/busy. Any other way to call (not hangouts)?
Same. TextNow even stopped working on my phone. Says Server Error!
IRCC is ignoring me on webforms now as well.

Labita

Dec 17, 2020
It's Friday 8am est in Toronto right now and my TextNow call finally went through BUT- An automated msg is saying ircc call center is closed even though they should be open by now. :(
What timezone does the "8 am to 4pm local time" refer to? EST right?

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
It's Friday 8am est in Toronto right now and my TextNow call finally went through BUT- An automated msg is saying ircc call center is closed even though they should be open by now. :(
What timezone does the "8 am to 4pm local time" refer to? EST right?
Try after 6:45 pm indian time . I got through at that time . Keep trying

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
This is what I did to contact IRCC and sharing few tips and tricks so that you will be able to talk to an agent without long wait time. Also, do note that if your application is processed outside Canada then agents will not help you or provide any information and simply say that you need to contact local office.

1. Call Center is opened from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM in Local Timezone. Canada has 6 timezones. So if your phone is from BC then 8:00 AM in BC will be 11:00 AM in Ontario. Therefore follow the timezone that your phone number belongs to.
2. Buy a virtual phone no. You can buy Virtual phone no from any sites, there are many. I used Callhippo, this is quite expensive but many cheaper providers are there.
3. Register in Skype. Take the unlimited call subscription to Canada. It would only cost around 2 CAD.
4. Use the Virtual phone no in Skype to make unlimited calls.
5. Set up Caller ID in Skype. If you don't set up the caller ID, the pH no may get blocked. So don't forget to do this part.
6. Try to Call in morning hours around 8:15 or 8:30, call will directly go their without any wait time.
7. Do not take virtual phone no which is from Ontario, the wait time is tremendous. Instead get the no from smaller provinces and you will not face too much of wait time.

I got my virtual phone no from new Brunswick and I called 4 time without any waiting time. I generally try to call them when clock hits 8:15 am in New Brunswick.

Contact No
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
This is what I did to contact IRCC and sharing few tips and tricks so that you will be able to talk to an agent without long wait time. Also, do note that if your application is processed outside Canada then agents will not help you or provide any information and simply say that you need to contact local office.

1. Call Center is opened from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM in Local Timezone. Canada has 6 timezones. So if your phone is from BC then 8:00 AM in BC will be 11:00 AM in Ontario. Therefore follow the timezone that your phone number belongs to.
2. Buy a virtual phone no. You can buy Virtual phone no from any sites, there are many. I used Callhippo, this is quite expensive but many cheaper providers are there.
3. Register in Skype. Take the unlimited call subscription to Canada. It would only cost around 2 CAD.
5. Set up Caller ID in Skype. If you don't set up the caller ID, the pH no may get blocked. So don't forget to do this part.
6. Try to Call in morning hours around 8:15 or 8:30, call will directly go their without any wait time.
7. Do not take virtual phone no which is from Ontario, the wait time is tremendous. Instead get the no from smaller provinces and you will not face too much of wait time.

I got my virtual phone no from new Brunswick and I called 4 time without any waiting time. I generally try to call them when clock hits 8:15 am in New Brunswick.

Contact No
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.
did u file ur visa and what is ur visa status now ??

limits

May 13, 2015

Contact No
I tried this but every time it just says that they are experiencing a high volume of calls and I should try again later and then auto disconnects the call.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
I tried this but every time it just says that they are experiencing a high volume of calls and I should try again later and then auto disconnects the call.
which province you got your number from?
what office is processing your application?

limits

May 13, 2015
which province you got your number from?
what office is processing your application?
My application is from Ontario. But I don't thin that has anything to do with it, I doubt anyone is being able to connect to an agent right now.

lifecanada

Aug 5, 2021
i did not find any call option in hangout, also, hangout is going away, and google chat is relapsing handout. no option to call in both sides

Reactions: B@work

Suraj Mohan

Apr 19, 2023
I finally found a hack yesterday to call IRCC from India, so thought I'll share it with everyone who's been waiting for an update on their application. I used Google Hangouts from my laptop which is free to use, all you need is a Gmail account and then follow these steps,
  1. Login to your Gmail account and click on the icon with six dots (Google apps) on the top right corner and click on Hangouts
  2. Select the call option and use any of the two phone numbers +1 905-676-3640 or +1 905-612-5416.
  3. Both these numbers are of Toronto person airport, don't worry just follow the IVR messages and select the option for IRCC
  4. Once your call is connected to IRCC, they will ask you for your application number and then you'll get connected to an agent.
Few things to keep in mind,
  1. The call from hangouts will not instantly go through, I myself tried around 15-20 times and then I was able to connect. Also, make sure you try both numbers
  2. When you get connected to an agent there will be a long hold, so be ready to wait. I had to wait for about 30-45 mins to get in touch with an agent
  3. The IRCC agent will not be able to expedite your application/ give you any timelines/ make a decision on your file. So be patient and ask the right questions
  4. The IRCC agent will also ask you a few questions linked to your file to verify your Identity. I was asked my full name, mailing address, email address, and DOB. Make sure you have all these details on hand before you call them.
  5. The call center is only operational on Mon-Fri from 8 AM to 4 PM EST. If you're in India like me, start calling them from 5.30 PM, the earlier you call, the lesser is the wait time
In my case, The agent told me that a decision on my application has been delayed since the VO reviewing my file thinks my application needs an "Additional review". I also got to know that my primary processing center is Edmonton and secondary is Ottowa.

My file is an SDS application from India, Submitted on 4th June without biometrics. Medicals passed on 20th July and no updates after that. Just like many others, My classes have already begun and I am still waiting for my AIP. I hope this helps you get in touch with IRCC and get some information on your application!
Hello. So finally did you receive the visa ? how long it took. What else you did other than this ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My situation is as follows:

Received oath date for March 2, but was not able to attend as I was out of the country attending to a sick relative.

I am still out of the country and now trying to get date in advance of flying back to take the oath. It is proving very difficult, I have been asked to provide a boarding pass before a new oath date can be issued. This is not possible, as I am only flying back to take the oath and then leaving after due to an ill family member abroad. I cannot indefinitely fly back to Canada and wait on a date, due to my family commitment abroad.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas of how I might be able to attain a date before arriving in Canada? I am desperate at this stage as I do not want to lose the opportunity of my citizenship because of an administrative procedure.

Thanks in advance.
This thread is for international students. Post under Citizenship.

Reactions: cabbagetowner

Naveen Mano

Jan 29, 2022
I finally found a hack yesterday to call IRCC from India, so thought I'll share it with everyone who's been waiting for an update on their application. I used Google Hangouts from my laptop which is free to use, all you need is a Gmail account and then follow these steps,
  1. Login to your Gmail account and click on the icon with six dots (Google apps) on the top right corner and click on Hangouts
  2. Select the call option and use any of the two phone numbers +1 905-676-3640 or +1 905-612-5416.
  3. Both these numbers are of Toronto person airport, don't worry just follow the IVR messages and select the option for IRCC
  4. Once your call is connected to IRCC, they will ask you for your application number and then you'll get connected to an agent.
Few things to keep in mind,
  1. The call from hangouts will not instantly go through, I myself tried around 15-20 times and then I was able to connect. Also, make sure you try both numbers
  2. When you get connected to an agent there will be a long hold, so be ready to wait. I had to wait for about 30-45 mins to get in touch with an agent
  3. The IRCC agent will not be able to expedite your application/ give you any timelines/ make a decision on your file. So be patient and ask the right questions
  4. The IRCC agent will also ask you a few questions linked to your file to verify your Identity. I was asked my full name, mailing address, email address, and DOB. Make sure you have all these details on hand before you call them.
  5. The call center is only operational on Mon-Fri from 8 AM to 4 PM EST. If you're in India like me, start calling them from 5.30 PM, the earlier you call, the lesser is the wait time
In my case, The agent told me that a decision on my application has been delayed since the VO reviewing my file thinks my application needs an "Additional review". I also got to know that my primary processing center is Edmonton and secondary is Ottowa.

My file is an SDS application from India, Submitted on 4th June without biometrics. Medicals passed on 20th July and no updates after that. Just like many others, My classes have already begun and I am still waiting for my AIP. I hope this helps you get in touch with IRCC and get some information on your application!
This helped me!!. Thank you bro :)