+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I applied for my wife’s sponsorship

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I have applied for my wife’s sponsorship i sent it to our immigration counsel who finalized everything and sent it to the office in Nova Scotia, it was signed and received March 1st. We have not heard back, we have not got any letter or email stating the file has been opened and it’s been longer than 3 months. I understand the COVID 19 could have affect but is it normal still 3 months and no opened application?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I have applied for my wife’s sponsorship i sent it to our immigration counsel who finalized everything and sent it to the office in Nova Scotia, it was signed and received March 1st. We have not heard back, we have not got any letter or email stating the file has been opened and it’s been longer than 3 months. I understand the COVID 19 could have affect but is it normal still 3 months and no opened application?
Do you mean citizenship or sponsorship? For spouse sponsorship, I suggest you post/review this forum instead: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Do you mean citizenship or sponsorship? For spouse sponsorship, I suggest you post/review this forum instead: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/
Hello I am a Canadian citizen born and raised in Canada. I married my wife in Lebanon last year. She is lebanese and now we are living in kuwait. I did the spousal sponsorship for my wife with our immigration council in Montreal. Then it was finished and sent to nova
Scotia to the correct department. It was signed and received March 1st. However the application has not been opened, no application number given nor was any email sent to us or our council, is this normal even with COVID 19 that for 3
Months we haven’t heard anything?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Try not to post the same thing over and over again - someone will get to your post. Everything is currently taking longer due to a global pandemic, you should expect a response within the next month looking at current averages for AOR.

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Ok thank you. And do you know if it will take up to 12 months from when they open it to get the sponsorship or it’s a lot quicker than this

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Ok thank you. And do you know if it will take up to 12 months from when they open it to get the sponsorship or it’s a lot quicker than this
Due to covid, all applications will take either 12 or more months to complete fully. Everything is backlogged.

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Do you work for immigration Canada? If so are you 100% sure it’s normal I haven’t heard anything since I submitted my application 3 months ago? Sorry for asking again

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Do you work for immigration Canada? If so are you 100% sure it’s normal I haven’t heard anything since I submitted my application 3 months ago? Sorry for asking again
I doubt anyone on here works for IRCC. This is just everyone's best guess. But it's safe to say it will take longer.
If you want to know when applications similar to yours received AOR of if they even did yet, then check the forum for sponsorship that I posted before or check the tracking sheet posted there if applicable.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No one here works for IRCC.

Yes, what you're experiencing is normal. If you read through other discussions here, you will see it is normal and it's what many others are experiencing.