+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am trying to sponsor my orphaned sibling who is 13. My sibling is outside Canada. Can I sign her application?

Jan 21, 2021
It is very unclear about who signs the Application of a minor. I read that legal guardians/parents may sign application for minors but there are no such documents in my country of origin to show that I am the legal guardian. Such legal guardianship papers are only created if there are conflicts on who is to take care of the orphaned child.
Any advice, info, links would be highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is very unclear about who signs the Application of a minor. I read that legal guardians/parents may sign application for minors but there are no such documents in my country of origin to show that I am the legal guardian. Such legal guardianship papers are only created if there are conflicts on who is to take care of the orphaned child.
Any advice, info, links would be highly appreciated.
Has a legal guardian been named on India? Are both parents dead? If the deaths were not unexpected was there a plan in terms of guardianship of your sibling that had been arranged before the passing of the last parent. Are you a PR or citizen? Do you make above LICO for your family if including your sibling?