+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thommo said:
Yeah, he seems to be enjoying carefree vacations.
If he really does then we should better let him ... he has been voluntarily offering lot of advise here for us and might need and deserve some break

starlight30

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
will decide after visa issuance
bsrk68 said:
Here's the approximate breakdown for a single guy (again this is if you live economically)
Rent = $400 (sharing) / $650-700 (Basement apartment) / $850 (1BR Apartment in a regular area)
Groceries = $200
Transportation (Transit) = $150
Miscellaneous = $200
If you buy a used car for lets say $3000, you subtract the Transit cost, and add $150 for fuel and $250 for Insurance. BTW my office is in Mississauga too (Derry and Goreway crossing)

Hope this helps.
Hi,
If you dont mind, may i ask if the rent for sharing amounting to $400 can accommodate a family of 4? with 2 kids of 6 & 5. I also plan to land in Toronto.
The transpo of $150 is already for a monthly expense estimate? Thank you.

yes.I.can

Feb 2, 2010
bsrk68 said:
Hello prospective immigrants landing in Toronto.

I landed here in 1999, residing here since then. Love to help new Immigrants settle down in the community. Let me know if you have any questions or anyway I could assist you.

Good Luck and Safe Landing !!
(This is not a business solicitation...just a philanthropic gesture from an immigrant who went through the grind)
hay bsrk68, where are you? lots of hope is going down the drain,,,,,, i want to get help with hosing and jop as already discussed with you,,,, soon i am landing. please reply fast.

akkc

Mar 9, 2011
aviation people with FAA A&P license want to immigrate, any chance?
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:06 pm » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a China engineer, possess China license and USA FAA A&P license. Canada also recognize FAA A&P.
I try to find job in CA. And I meet the requirement, but I required sponsorship to work in CA. They said sorry.
Any idea?

Education: diploma only
Professional Training: some big aircraft type, high level training
15 years working in aviation

How to start? upgrade to degree first? or....

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes.I.can said:
hay bsrk68, where are you? lots of hope is going down the drain,,,,,, i want to get help with hosing and jop as already discussed with you,,,, soon i am landing. please reply fast.

We are really missing you BSRK here... You supposed to be a very handy access of info for Toronto bound PR.... Pl come back asap...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Enrol in a co-op program in college. This will give you experience in CA.

akkc said:
aviation people with FAA A&P license want to immigrate, any chance?
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:06 pm » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a China engineer, possess China license and USA FAA A&P license. Canada also recognize FAA A&P.
I try to find job in CA. And I meet the requirement, but I required sponsorship to work in CA. They said sorry.
Any idea?

Education: diploma only
Professional Training: some big aircraft type, high level training
15 years working in aviation

How to start? upgrade to degree first? or....

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
fariza said:
We are really missing you BSRK here... You supposed to be a very handy access of info for Toronto bound PR.... Pl come back asap...
Hi I am back. Please forward me your questions.
Cheers

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsrk68 said:
Cheers
Welcome back mate....Haven't got any question for myself but been missing your presence here and seeing your hand and mind extending for the support and advise for our fellow mates.....as you used to... Hope you have had a nice time in holidays.... take care

lizz

Nov 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsrk68 said:
Cheers
Thank God you're back! I've been following this thread as I'm currently researching all about toronto as we have decided to settle there

I hope you could share more info regarding living specifically in downtown toronto.

We really need to look for an elementary school which have apartments across or just a block away? Something that would just be accessible for all of us.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
lizz said:
Thank God you're back! I've been following this thread as I'm currently researching all about toronto as we have decided to settle there

I hope you could share more info regarding living specifically in downtown toronto.

We really need to look for an elementary school which have apartments across or just a block away? Something that would just be accessible for all of us.
Well this is a very specific request. This is something you can ONLY find out after landing here. In downtown, you can rent an apartment from $850 to $6000 a month or even more, depending on the area. Most areas do have schools, but not sure about a school "Across" an apartment building. Here's the link for schools in Toronto:

http://www.tdsb.on.ca/moss/asp_apps/find_your_school/map.asp

Not being of much help here...apologize.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
starlight30 said:
Hi,
If you dont mind, may i ask if the rent for sharing amounting to $400 can accommodate a family of 4? with 2 kids of 6 & 5. I also plan to land in Toronto.
The transpo of $150 is already for a monthly expense estimate? Thank you.
No. Sharing accommodation is usually one room for yourself (single person or best case-a couple) with common area and Kitchen. Landlords would be reluctant to accommodate a family in one room. Also there are City by-laws, which prohibit such kind of cramming up.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
kachebi said:
bonjour monsieur justement j'ai besoin de votre aide merci
Bien sûr, comment puis-je vous aider?

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
fariza said:
Welcome back mate....Haven't got any question for myself but been missing your presence here and seeing your hand and mind extending for the support and advise for our fellow mates.....as you used to... Hope you have had a nice time in holidays.... take care
Thanks, How's your application progressing?