+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montu said:
Dear all,

i wish to check-
can i bring my USB modem which am using in oman. it can run with all service providers.

or when i'll buy the internet connection fr canada ,they'll give the usb as a part of the deal?

regards
Many providers code the modem / adsl unit to the connection, if change the modem, you lose the connection.
Some use the MAC address, some use custom firmware.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
montu said:
Dear all,

i wish to check-
can i bring my USB modem which am using in oman. it can run with all service providers.

or when i'll buy the internet connection fr canada ,they'll give the usb as a part of the deal?

regards
Most providers here would offer u that 'Internet Stick' for FREE.
Eg. www.windmobile.ca

Qorax

Mimisha

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hello brsk,

Thks for offering your valuable help. I would surely like to keep contact wiz u as I have the intention of settling in Mississauga. BTW, I am still waiting for a reply from the visa office. My application dates back to June 2010. I am an ACCA holder & by profession I am an Internal auditor.

Mimisha

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Mimisha said:
Hello brsk,

Thks for offering your valuable help. I would surely like to keep contact wiz u as I have the intention of settling in Mississauga. BTW, I am still waiting for a reply from the visa office. My application dates back to June 2010. I am an ACCA holder & by profession I am an Internal auditor.

Mimisha
My pleasure Mimisha. You sure have a great support base in this forum.

Cheers and good luck for your case.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am posting a couple of jobs and sincerely hope these benefit some new immigrants. Must be a PR holder.
Didn't want to start a new thread only for this, but hoping this is well read..

1. Kitchen Manager (Chef) Full Time: 1 Position

Qualifications:
4-5 years of experience in leading a kitchen brigade
Sound knowledge of Food Cost and Cost Control
Sound knowledge of Menu Planning and line cooking
Creative and Skillful ( I will test you...guaranteed)
Pleasant personality, good communication skills, Team Player

Note: No Canadian experience required. We will train you.
Salary: Very competitive to Ontario Job Market

2. Restaurant Hostess (Full Time) 2 Positions

Qualifications:
2-3 years of experience in a Hotel/Restaurant setting
Sound knowledge of food and beverages
Pleasant personality, good communication skills (fluent in English)
Team Player, Problem solver
Hostess, so gender bias of Lady Applicants only please...

Note: No Canadian experience required. I will train you.

3. Line Cooks : 4 Positions

Qualifications:
3-4 years of experience in line cooking
Creative and Skillful ( I will test you)

Please email me your resumes in my personal message (PM). I will conduct your interview myself.
Good luck to all applicants..and please, serious replies only.

kjphrl

Aug 18, 2011
hello! I am from Philippines. I just would to ask about health problems. My brother is in toronto now as a skilled worker. His visa is Worker. He wanted to transfer from his present job to other but he is hepatitis b reactive, a healthy one. He is worried about it. He has hesitations to apply for a new job because there might be medical exams to be pass. Is canada very strict about it? Can he find a job there where he will not be discriminated with his situation? I really badly need your help.. Looking forward for your response. Thank you so much!

kjphrl

Aug 18, 2011
hello! I am from Philippines. I just would to ask about health problems. My brother is in toronto now as a skilled worker. His visa is Worker. He wanted to transfer from his present job to other but he is hepatitis b reactive, a healthy one. He is worried about it. He has hesitations to apply for a new job because there might be medical exams to be pass. Is canada very strict about it? Can he find a job there where he will not be discriminated with his situation? I really badly need your help.. Looking forward for your response. Thank you so much!

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just bumping this thread up for members who want to avail the opportunity as presented by bsrk68 for a possibility of a job.

Really appreciate the efforts of bsk68 to help members stabilize themselves with a job when they first land in Canada. +1 for you.

Mitali

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
Hi,

I wanted to seek your advise on the following:

can i send my stuff to ca before landing thru cargo service ? if i do so, do i hv to pay customs in canada?
at the time of 1st landing- should i show all the assets eg-property, shares on my name . apart fr the liquid cash which anyways we'll carry as per the requirement of immigration.
can we transfer cash later fr Indian bank to ca to buy assets in ca? or there is some govt of india restrictions on that movement ?
thanks..

Bhatia

Jul 29, 2011
Dear friends

I have lived in Australia for good 2.5 years and shifted to India in 2009 only. However, after reaching India, I came to know through my friend in Australia that, there are 3 pending traffic offence cases against me, though the offences were minor like for over speeding (driving at a speed of 82 km/h when only 70 km/h was permitted), crossing the toll without buying the toll pass. Those traffic tickets were generated after I left Australia and I came to know about them only when I reached India. So, I couldnt do anything about them as I was in India. Its been 2 years now.

Now I am planning to apply for Canadian residentship, for which I am qualifying. For that, I may require police clearence certificate from Australia too. I just wanted to know,

1) IF those offences for which I could not pay since I was in india would affect my visa application or not...?

2) Will these offences be considered as criminal offence since ithey might be pending against my name since 2 years now, without me offering to pay it even once ?

3) Will I be considered inadmissible in canada based upon that...?

4) What if court summons would have been issued against me?
(I got no idea whether summons were issued against my name or not, but generally court summons are issued in Australia if you fail to pay the amount in 6 months or so and there is no correspondence from your side).

Kindly Help me out on this.

Regards
Sukhpreet Singh

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can send it before your landing. But, in order to entitle the custom free on your initial landing in Canada, the goods have to be arrived after your arrival in Canada. You have to prepare your B4E and stamped before collecting those goods on arrival. As far as monetary restrictions in India, hope other members will give you information.

montu said:
Hi,

I wanted to seek your advise on the following:

can i send my stuff to ca before landing thru cargo service ? if i do so, do i hv to pay customs in canada?
at the time of 1st landing- should i show all the assets eg-property, shares on my name . apart fr the liquid cash which anyways we'll carry as per the requirement of immigration.
can we transfer cash later fr Indian bank to ca to buy assets in ca? or there is some govt of india restrictions on that movement ?
thanks..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you need a lawyer to clarify if you commit a criminal offence.

Bhatia said:
Dear friends

I have lived in Australia for good 2.5 years and shifted to India in 2009 only. However, after reaching India, I came to know through my friend in Australia that, there are 3 pending traffic offence cases against me, though the offences were minor like for over speeding (driving at a speed of 82 km/h when only 70 km/h was permitted), crossing the toll without buying the toll pass. Those traffic tickets were generated after I left Australia and I came to know about them only when I reached India. So, I couldnt do anything about them as I was in India. Its been 2 years now.

Now I am planning to apply for Canadian residentship, for which I am qualifying. For that, I may require police clearence certificate from Australia too. I just wanted to know,

1) IF those offences for which I could not pay since I was in india would affect my visa application or not...?

2) Will these offences be considered as criminal offence since ithey might be pending against my name since 2 years now, without me offering to pay it even once ?

3) Will I be considered inadmissible in canada based upon that...?

4) What if court summons would have been issued against me?
(I got no idea whether summons were issued against my name or not, but generally court summons are issued in Australia if you fail to pay the amount in 6 months or so and there is no correspondence from your side).

Kindly Help me out on this.

Regards
Sukhpreet Singh

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assisting members to get a job:

bsrk68 said:
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am posting a couple of jobs and sincerely hope these benefit some new immigrants. Must be a PR holder.
Didn't want to start a new thread only for this, but hoping this is well read..

1. Kitchen Manager (Chef) Full Time: 1 Position

Qualifications:
4-5 years of experience in leading a kitchen brigade
Sound knowledge of Menu Planning and line cooking
Creative and Skillful ( I will test you...guaranteed)

2. Restaurant Hostess (Full Time) 2 Positions

Qualifications:
2-3 years of experience in a Hotel/Restaurant setting
Sound knowledge of food and beverages
Pleasant personality, good communication skills (fluent in English)
Team Player, Problem solver
Hostess, so gender bias of Lady Applicants only please...

Note: No Canadian experience required. I will train you.

3. Line Cooks : 4 Positions

Qualifications:
3-4 years of experience in line cooking
Creative and Skillful ( I will test you)

Please email me your resumes in my personal message (PM). I will conduct your interview myself.
Good luck to all applicants..and please, serious replies only.

ashwinfnb

Aug 24, 2011
Dear BSRK 68

I am truly inspired and moved by your social gesture to help new comers & immigrants. God Bless you abundantly & always

Having gone thru various grinds both good & bad but yes enhancing experiences in New York (1993 - 1999) & the Middle East(1999 - 2011) - I am now a landed PR in Canada and am from a Corporate Hospitality Background

I am currently in Sydney NS as my bro Dr. Godwin lives here - he is a professor in the Cape Breton University and a Canadian Citizen . So I landed here by default to complete my formalities of landing, sin, health card , bank accounts etc etc - Truly a blessing for me as he is very kind & has taken great care of me.

Having said that opportunities for me would lie in Toronto (Ontario), BC, Alberta - so I seek both your valuable advice & also humbly ask for assistance in getting gainful employment soon - as I have a Family (back home - wife & 2 daughters) to support & hopefully get them here soon. Any assistance will be truly appreciated and I will be deeply obliged for Life

I have been Director Operations (COO - Country Head) and Head of Business Development (Corporate Head) for Hospitality Companies in Dubai / Bahrain & India and have worked with the Bombay Palace restaurant in NY.

Having said that - I am realistic & humble to start with a decent job that let's me get me foot in and then I can settle hopefully soon

Please do help me out - I would be truly truly obliged

My COntact Nos. are Residence - 902 539 6533 Cell - 902 459 0455

My email id is ashwinfnb@gmail.com (can you please send me your email details, so I can send you my CV)

Thank you once again & a Big God Bless

Rgds & Much Cheer
Ashwin D'Cunha

dcho

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
hello :)

hope someone can shed light on my queries.

are there certification requirements on any regulatory bodies if i were to work as health aide / nursing aide / nursing assistant in Toronto? what are my chances of getting employed on above mentioned jobs? i am RN here in the Phils. but i havent applied for registration in Colleges of Ontario.

dcho